Never in My Life thought I would Ask this?

shendricks
on 4/28/11 10:14 am - Wolf Point, Mt
I am 4 1/2 months out from VSG and am 5ft 2 3/4 inches tall.  My high weigh was 212 my surgical weight 196.  I am now 146 in a size 6 or 8 jean and medium tops and I still wear a 36 D.  I am starting to feel pretty thin and want my goal weight to be around 135 which would put me in a normal BMI.  Now for the question-How do I stop losing?  I feel like I eat all day long as it is and still can't get in 64oz of fluids a day.  Have stopped exercising altough I am more active than prior to surgery, but now not formally working out as I was afraid that I was using to many calories.  Am a bit concerned I wont be able to stop.  I am doing a protein shake for breakfast and protein at each meal (usually 2 or 3 times).  My labs look great and medically I am as healthy as I have ever been.  Is this a weird thing to be worried about?

MajorMom
on 4/28/11 10:26 am - VA
I know I was afraid I wouldn't stop until I looked really sick, so I started grazing on trail mix to slow my loss down. I slowed and stopped comfortably in the middle of the normal BMI range. Go a little lower than you're comfortable with and then your bounce back should bring you up to your goal for the long term. Without malabsorption to help, I don't think I'd intentionally try to slow my loss. I might add a couple of more protein shakes but that would be it. Let your body do its thing.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

shendricks
on 4/28/11 11:00 am - Wolf Point, Mt
Gina- thanks that makes me feel better.  I don't have the malabsorption, but I can't eat alot at one sitting.  Maybe getting a total of 900 or so calories a day.  Maybe I will try to add a bit of dried fruit and nuts to up my calories a little.
Sharon
moondancer2000
on 4/28/11 10:41 am - Ft Rucker, AL
 Many of our starting stats are very close.  I thought I would be so happy at 130, but my body had other ideas.  When I hit 125, I was happy, when I hit 120 I was thrilled.  I am now bouncing around 117-119.  I feel like I might lose a bit more, which is ok, cause I am sure I will have bounce back down the road.

Sooooo.....my 2 cents is listen to your body.  You are so use to seeing yourself heavier, now seeing yourself lighter is odd and you are not use to it.

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

shendricks
on 4/28/11 11:02 am - Wolf Point, Mt
You are right about still seeing myself as heavy, LOL, I still pick up size 16 jeans first then have to put them back and find the smaller size I need.  Thanks for the input.
Sharon
BBMaker
on 4/28/11 11:07 am
I have to say it . . .I can't imagine feeling that way. Congratulations on amazing weight loss. I hope you reach exactly where you want to be. 
shendricks
on 4/28/11 11:44 pm - Wolf Point, Mt
Thanks.  I never in a million years thought I would think or feel this way either.  Sharon
Price S.
on 4/28/11 11:23 am - Mills River, NC
Congrats on your achievment.  Sounds like you have and are doing wonderfully. 

Not ready to stop yet myself but I think these folks can help you. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

loverofcats
on 4/28/11 1:24 pm, edited 4/28/11 1:25 pm
I'm about 8 months out from surgery. I am 4'11 and weigh about 109.6 lbs today. My original goal was 120 lbs, but my pcp wanted me to try to get to 110 lbs, based upon my height. You will find that in the next couple of months, your capacity to drink more and eat a bit more will increase, so I wouldn't put the breaks on right now.

I am now officially in the maintenance mode, as of two weeks ago. I started getting concerned, when I hit 108.7. The dietician recommended that I increase my calories by about 50-100 calories/day, based upon my exercise level, and to contact her, if I reached 105 lbs. I am actually eating a bit over that, because of the weight training and other exercise that I am getting. I have been fairly stable for the past two weeks, going up or down about a pound. I really don't want to go much lower. I am in a petite size 0 or 2 pants. Tops are about 2p-4P, depending upon the cut. If I get too much lower, I'll have to buy clothes in the little girls section. I'm sure that I have a few lbs of loose skin, so I don't want to get much smaller.

You can always add more calories by adding healthy fats, such as nuts and/or avocado. You do have to be careful, because of the concentrated amount of calories in a relatively small amount. I weigh the amount of nuts that I eat, so i don't eat too many.

Exercise is very important, especially, when you enter maintenance. I have found weight training to be invaluable and I have built some muscle, which helping to keep my metabolism up. I wouldn't stop it, because of the fear of losing too much weight. Add some healthy calories.

Just my 2 cents.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

shendricks
on 4/28/11 11:45 pm - Wolf Point, Mt
Ok, darn will get back on that trend mill.  I sure don't want to have to be worring about going the other direction again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 300 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 426 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 506 views