Help getting back on track

poodlemama
on 5/12/11 4:52 am - MA
Hi everybody... I haven't been posting for a while and could really use your help. I had a medical issue last summer that kept me at home for 6 months, and after being out of my routine I've put some weight back on and am now in panic mode. I do not want to go down the road of being obese again. Please help me with some food suggestions to help get back on track.

Thanks
Ellie

I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/11 5:24 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
I know some folks like the 5 day pouch doodad, but for me that is just a return to binge and purge sort of thinking.

Do you have foods you like most?  I typically eat a few meals of meat, salsa and cheese, or baked egg/meat/spinach/cheese/flax thing.  I typically eat small meals every 3ish hours and that keeps my blood sugar at an even keel and makes it so I dont get to hungry and just think "toss this!  I AM EATING!!!" and make bad/worse/worst food choices, just out of sheer hunger and panic!

Protein and produce with an extra dose of hydration and a eye on making sure you are taking your vitamins and taking them at the right times, and with/without things that help/dont help them be absorbed well!!

Good luck getting back into your routine.  Routine saves me!
Price S.
on 5/12/11 9:13 am - Mills River, NC
Welcome back.  I'm certainly not quite there yet but I would suggest looking at Roz's Miles and Menus.  You can see what others are eating, some still losing, some in maintainance and get some ideas.  Do you still have a NUT?  Make an appointment and see what she recommends. 
I also agree the small frequent meals work for me.  I'd have a hard time with 3 meals a day.  Eating frequently, keeping my protein up and my carbs down, makes staying on program pretty easy.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 5/12/11 10:15 am

Welcome back Ellie.  I would go back to basics.  Protein first and no drinking with meals or 30-45 minutes after meals.  I like the protein drinks because I can use them in between meals to help me from snacking.  If you have been eating a lot of carbs, it may take you several days to decarb.  Carbs seem to be so easy to go down and you can eat so much of them, but control can be lost soooooo fast!!

Like Price said, check out the Menus and Miles for great tips and ideas about foods.

Good luck and keep us updated on how you are doing.  Each Sunday Liz posts a weekly weigh in and it helps with accountability each week.  Diana posts an exercise post each day.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
RaggetyAnn
on 5/12/11 10:52 am
VSG on 02/15/11 with
plan your meals
hunker down on carbs
boost your protein
find a way to keep your fingers busy so you're too busy to eat.

thanks for posting, welcome home.
tracey

RaggetyAnn  (I'm just a RaggetyAnn in a Barbie Doll world.)
hw: 216 sw: 200 cw: 156 dgw: 134 mgw: 124

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 315 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 437 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 501 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 522 views