Bariatric advantage versus Bariatric Fusion????

Kiminey65
on 5/30/11 12:07 am
RNY on 10/25/10 with
Ok, so I have heard the "praises" of a multi vitamin called "bariatric fusion" that supposedly allows you to take two of them twice daily, and they are formulated to be "What we need". I currently take 2 bariatric advantage/daily.

Now, i really want to on top of things, and I also supplement calcium, iron, C, dry D3, biotin, zinc as well as B12. I find it hard to believe that one vite (times 4) can be enough calcium, AND there is also IRON in it, so wouldn't the iron eradicate the calcium?

I essentially just want some opinions on the BEST multi, as I consider that my base that I build from, and they are my 1st dose every a.m. so I start my day with the best building block. I take my health very seriously, and prevention is my game.

Thanks in advance for any and all opinions!

Kim

MajorMom
on 5/30/11 1:12 am - VA
The best multi is one that you can take a couple of times a day as your base multi and add the separate vitamins and minerals our rerouted innards and shrunken stomachs can use correctly. There is no "special" one that has everything in it as much as the bariatric vitamin pushers would like our surgeons and NUTs to believe. I take a multi in capsule form because I want to give my rerouted self the best opportunity to absorb it without having to use a chewable full of sugar alcohols. Just me.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Kiminey65
on 5/30/11 1:24 am
RNY on 10/25/10 with
Hhmmm, Gina, that is food for thought. And a great way to think of it. I honestly never thought to take a capsule multi... not sure why??

I think my reasoning is that if I chew up a vitamin,it absorbs quicker? I am sure that theory doesn't hold water, as most other vits I take are swallow with water ones!

I'd be interested to hear which multi you take, as I am certainly into others' opinions . And I am due to place another order soon from vita lady, so sock it to me if you'd like!

Enjoy your holiday everyone!

kim

MajorMom
on 5/30/11 1:28 am - VA
I take Vitalady's Vita-Min capsule multi. 1 in the morning batch and 1 in the evening batch. Nothing wrong with a chewable if you like them and will take them though.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

MacMadame
on 5/30/11 10:29 am - Northern, CA
The last time I looked into it, Bariatric Fusion was crap. To be blunt. It's the wrong kind of this and the not enough of that. In fact, this vitamin is one of the reasons why, when people say "oh, you must take bariatric vitamins if you want your labs to be good", I want to beat my head against a wall.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 490 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views