Getting so nervous/excited!

Lynn5707
on 7/1/11 1:06 am - IN
Hi,

My surgery is Wednesday and I am getting so nervous!  I was up all night, so much so, I called off today at work.  I work Sunday & Monday then I'm on leave until August after my surgery.  Anyway, I don't have anything specific that I am nervous about, just nervous.  I am a nurse, so in some ways that may make it worse!  lol

Anyway - to get control of my food funerals, I am starting my pre-op diet early (it is to be 2 days of clear liquids which I will start Monday), but today am starting protein drinks and one meal.  I want to get used to it a little bit before surgery so maybe it will be easier after surgery??? I am glad I have kicked Diet Coke and caffeine.  So far, that has probably made me the proudest! 

Thanks for all the support.  Since I am home today am going to get the house in order as we have been going through closets, etc, and my upstairs is a total mess.

I love the support on these forums.  I have not been to a support group from my surgeon's office as many times I am working on Tuesdays when they have them.  This Tuesday I am going to the group(s) for the first time.

Have a great 4th!

Lynn
MajorMom
on 7/1/11 1:16 am - VA
Sounds like you're doing all the right things, Lynn. Stay busy.  I think getting off diet Coke and caffeine were a great thing for me too. I didn't really start having either one again for 6 months post-op and diet Cokes no longer have control of me now. Hang tough--you're going to do great! 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

newdirectionhome
on 7/1/11 1:43 am
 You are on the right track. You sound positive. My surgeon says he would worry if you are not nervous. It's a huge change in your life. If you are not nervous, you might not understand the process. Giving up caffeine and Diet Cokes are huge. For me it was caffeine and straws. I still don't have caffeine, but a few straws have slipped in with decaf iced tea. 

Have a textbook surgery and easy recovery. Enjoy the ride of your life!!
 Wendy
5'3" SW: 210
lerkhart
on 7/1/11 2:58 am
Sounds like you are getting things in order Lynn.  Good luck next week.  Great that you are off diet coke and caffeine.  I have not had a diet coke since about a month before my surgery.  I am the kind of person that I can't have one at all so I am trying to stay away from them.  I was really bad with them.

Keep us updated!!
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Jody ***
on 7/1/11 4:09 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Very normal!  I don't miss Diet Coke, but did pick caffeinated coffee back up after about 9 months... 

You'll do fine - and looking forward to seeing more of you here!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Lee ~
on 7/1/11 4:34 am - CA
Hi Lynn,

So normal to be nervous.  Don't give it a second thought.  Congrats on giving up those things prior to surgery.  You'll be so happy you went through your house this weekend!

As far as being easier with the protein shakes post-op, it will all take care of itself.  Your little baby Sleeve won't hold much and you'll be full very quickly.  Then you'll have to deal with the part of the brain telling you to eat anyways.  The walking and sipping will keep you occupied.  Call friends often and talk on the phone while walking around the house.  That really worked for me.

Let us know how you're doing over the weekend. I'm really excited for you!!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Price S.
on 7/1/11 9:11 am - Mills River, NC
Next week is a great week for surgery (any week is).  Good for you kicking out the sodas and caffine.  I still don't do sodas and haven't missed them at all.  I will drink caffine coffee if that is all there is but not much of it.  I do think all that made a difference.

We'll be thinking about you and sliding down the loser's bench to make room for you.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Mama477
on 7/1/11 10:14 am
Woo hoooo! It's so exciting. These next few days will fly by!!!

Congrats on your prep so far -- you won't miss the soda at all

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...