2 Years

lerkhart
on 8/4/11 5:36 am
It has been 2 years since my RNY.  Since my highest weight I have lost around 120 pounds, no more sleep apnea or diabetes.  I still have to take a very low dose of my cholesterol medicine.  I went from a size 22 to a 6 or 4 in some clothes.  I would never have thought this was possible.

I now enjoy exercise.  I love love love my Zumba classes and enjoy my walk/jogs.  I feel better than I have in years(probably since I was a teenager).  I am able to run and play with my granddaughters.  I can get in the floor and more importantly I can get back up without crawling to the couch to get up!!

I had my 2 year appointment with the PA in my surgeon's office today and it went very good.  My WBC has been dropping and is at 3.1 now.  My PCP has run a lot of test trying to figure out why.  The PA told me that they have had several RNY patients that have had this happen and they have sent them to a hematologists and they do not find anything that causes it.  He said studies have been done to try and find why this happens and they have not found a reason.  He said I need to have my copper checked to be sure it was within range and I could go to a hematologists if it would make me feel better. 

I met with the NUT.  We discussed meals and snacks.  I talked with her about the Protein Drinks.  She still would like me to limit them to 2 a day and said they would be considered snacking.  I think we are just going to disagree on this topic.  We talked about snacking on other things and some of the habits I don't need to let back into my life.  Overall it was a very positive meeting.

I don't think I could have had nearly the success without all of my friends on here.  It is so great to have a group that know what you are talking about and what you are going through and have been through.  Thank you all so much for your support and help.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Mama477
on 8/4/11 6:53 am
Congrats!!! I am so happy for you. What an inspiration you are!!! I love it most that you LOVE EXERCISE. that is the key.

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

lerkhart
on 8/4/11 10:39 am
Thanks so much Meg.
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/11 6:55 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Hooray!  Happy 'versarry girlie! You have done a GREAT job!
lerkhart
on 8/4/11 10:41 am
Thanks.  I really enjoy the information that you share with us.
Ruthie D.
on 8/4/11 7:00 am - Mayer, AZ
Great job Linda!!  I appreciate your post with its insights!  I have my 6 month checkup on Monday and going to request my guy add Copper to the list to check on my 1 year labs... even if I have to pay for it myself.  Thank you for the reminder!  :-)
       LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
lerkhart
on 8/4/11 10:42 am
Thanks Ruthie.  Good luck with your six month check up.  I don't know if Copper is something they normally check.  He wanted mine checked because of the low WBC.  I need to get the Vitamin A-that is one we need that they do not normally do.
Ruthie D.
on 8/4/11 11:03 am - Mayer, AZ
Correct.  Both of those are not normally ordered... but, to get a baseline at the one year mark just makes sense to me even if I have to pay for it myself and order it through my GP instead of the Bariatrition... don't you think???  (low WBC or not??)  I'm getting ahead of the game since 1 year is 6 months away, but while he's writing the order it wouldn't hurt to ask, eh...

Let me know how yours goes.  (Us, I mean... lots more than me are interested I'm sure.) 

:-)
       LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
lerkhart
on 8/4/11 11:11 am
You are probably right Ruthie - it would be smart to get a baseline number so if you started having problems you would have that.  I didn't even think of that.
Stacey N.
on 8/4/11 7:21 am - Chesapeake, VA
COngrats, you have been an inspiration to me. Thank you so m uch

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views