OT--Update

kimberly_gr
on 8/8/11 10:20 am
You all were right.  I contacted the social worker at the hospital to get the ball rolling on my Mom's situation.  It's looking like she'll go to an in-patient rehab situation after discharge.  While she's there, we can get her apartment taken care of.

I've had to walk on eggshells on this one.  Two weeks after my Dad died in 1995, I upset her terribly, and she didn't talk to me for 8 years.  So through this situation, I've feared that I would do/say something that could sever that relationship again.  She needs help, and I need to be the one to make it happen.

Thanks for the support.  When I wrote my earlier post, I had only 4 hours of sleep, and I've not been sleeping well in the last few weeks worrying about her.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

MajorMom
on 8/8/11 10:23 am - VA
(((Kim))) I hope this all works out. Take some time to take care of yourself too.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

RaggetyAnn
on 8/8/11 11:46 am
VSG on 02/15/11 with
sounds like my relationship with MY mother...these situations are so stressful.  From experience, please put yourself first in health.  Not that you don't help you mom, just keep yourself uppermost in your mind.

((hugs))
tracey

RaggetyAnn  (I'm just a RaggetyAnn in a Barbie Doll world.)
hw: 216 sw: 200 cw: 156 dgw: 134 mgw: 124

italianspice
on 8/8/11 1:18 pm - Eastlake, OH
So glad you were able to get your mom somewhere safe and clean to get her strength back.
Good luck with the clean up.

~Maria
Price S.
on 8/8/11 8:57 pm - Mills River, NC
Sounds like things are moving in the right direction.  Glad we could help.  Sleep helps too.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Mama477
on 8/8/11 10:46 pm
Sorrry you are going through this Kim. I didn't see your original post. Sending hugs and good vibes your way today!!!!

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 12:28 am
Kim I pray all works for good in your Mom's situation. Hopefully she will see the love you are showing in your care and concern.

HUGS
lerkhart
on 8/9/11 6:05 am
Kim, I hope everything works out with your Mom.  Glad you have gotten her somewhere she can be taken care of.
Hope you can get some much needed rest.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 295 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 419 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 480 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 500 views