OMG she took a BATHING suit photo!!!

Lisa G.
on 8/17/11 1:07 am - Louisville (southern Indiana Actually), KY
So, I'm looking at my mom's photos from our trip to see my son at Fort Stewart.  We went to Tybee Island one day and spent some time at the beach. I had a new bathing suit (had it for 2 years but never worn it once!!).  Family convinced me to "come on, get in the ocean, it's amazing!!" sooooooooo  here I go, NOT forgetting the cover up!!!  My husband goes into the ocean with me so I take off the cover up using every manuver available to prevent anyone from seeing my body and I am PRAYING he just does not look below my neck (we have been married a year and I have a REAL body issue right now).  We prance around in the ocean (well, I more like "thundered" around) and see my daughter in law and grandson making for the shore, and my mom running behind.  We start heading for the shore, and I see my loving, wonderful mom TAKING PICTURES!!   I was mortified.  When we got to the shore I found out my daughter in law and grandson had been stung by jellyfish (they are fine, they weren't the dangerous ones and the pain just lasted until the lifegaurd poured vinegar on them). This takes my mind off the camera.  Wonderful mother is just "click click clicking" away and I'm not even realizing it now.

Anyway, long story short, we got home and were at her house after church Sunday, and she hands me an envelope full of photos. And it hits me.  "IT" is in there. With the "Jaws" theme playing in my mind,  I slowly start looking through the stack and sure enough, not one, not two, but THREE photos of a blonde blueberry with a killer tan are stuck in that pack.  That's what I looked like, a blueberry with protrusions.  I tried to "hide" them but to no avail.  Mom was like NO NO NO-you can use those for your before and after photos!!   Then I realized in 6 months I won't look like that anymore, and started getting really pumped about my surgery.  It reminded me I have a new life to look forward to, one that does NOT involve looking like fruit.  And I am excited!!

Anyway, sorry to bore you, I just freaked out when I saw that photo LOL....everyone have a wonderful day and peace be with you!
   Sleep Tight, America
   PROUD ARMY MOM
   My Sons Have Your Back

Price S.
on 8/17/11 2:05 am - Mills River, NC
Boy can I relate.  I was at my DD's last week and she had pictures scrolling across her computer screen from ny neice's wedding.  I actually did use one as a before picture but of course, never thought about the fact that everyone in the family has them.  Oh dear.  Oh well.  Sure am a different person these days.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Ladytazz
on 8/17/11 2:34 am
Believe me, in a year you will be happy you have those pictures.  I hardly have any "before" pictures.  I wasn't exactly running towards the camera at 200+ pounds.  The only pictures I have found is one from a month before my revision at my daughter's birthday that just shows my face and a picture from my grand daughter's birthday (actually from a video) that only shows my body.  I kind of wish I had other pictures now to compare.  With my first surgery I had a picture taken the day before and that is about the only fat picture I have of my body that I have found.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Lisa G.
on 8/17/11 2:38 am - Louisville (southern Indiana Actually), KY
LOL I have more photos than I want.  I got married last August and have all those fat wedding photos-I'm thinking a "Do Over" might be needed :) 
   Sleep Tight, America
   PROUD ARMY MOM
   My Sons Have Your Back

aspan
on 8/17/11 11:07 am
Yah for a "do over"!! Especially if it means a "do over" honeymoon too!!
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
Eliza55
on 8/17/11 5:56 am - PA
I haven't worn a bathing suit for 15 years, and in general I have been able to avoid a camera for about 10 years.  I can only imagine your horror!

But think about a couple of years from now - you'll be much more able to appreciate the new you!

Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

KarenCee
on 8/17/11 7:35 am - GA
Oh I can completely relate!  Those photos will make perfect before photos - once you have surgery it won't be long before you'll see a difference!!!  I would never allow pictures of me from the neck down for so long.  The day of my surgery my hubby took a "before" photo.  On Saturday, one month by the date from my surgery, he took another photo.  It was amazing!!!  This week I've had two teachers at work come up to me and tell me that they hardly recognize me and I'm only a month and a few days out from surgery.  Let me tell ya, that feels good!
Teaching is the essential profession, the one that makes all professions possible.  —David Haselkorn

Lisa G.
on 8/17/11 7:53 am - Louisville (southern Indiana Actually), KY
I can't wait!!  My husband saw the photos and I asked him how he could look at them or me, and he said "I love you for who you are to me, not what you look like".  He was my first love 30 years ago, when I was skinny.  Life happened and we went our own way, we met again on facebook a year and a half ago and it's like we never lost time.  We'll be married a year next Saturday and it's been wonderful.  I know he loves me for who I am-he married me fat and all LOL!!
   Sleep Tight, America
   PROUD ARMY MOM
   My Sons Have Your Back

IRAYD8U
on 8/17/11 9:41 am - MONTICELLO, MN
You will cherish those fat photos some day!  It is a wonderful feeling to look back and see the change.  I had my before and afters taken in a swim suit that was a size 16....I needed a 24....LOL  It was fun to see the difference....I felt like I was in one of those ads where they show you fat and then you take some miracle pill and your suit AND you look amazing after only losing 10 lbs.....LOL  I even posted them in my OH profile!
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
cheermonkeysmom
on 8/17/11 10:02 am - Smithsburg, MD

I hate the pictures taken of me over the years. I avoided the camera as much as I could. I found photos of my hubby and I from last summer while we were on vacation that our daughter took. And then the photos that we asked her to take while on vacation this year. Man, what a difference 6 months makes. I am glad to have those "fat" photos so I remember how far my hubby and I have come on this journey since getting our RNY at the beginning of this year - I posted them about a week ago as our progress pictures. I am actually posting it on our fridge to remind us of where we don't want to go back to. As much as I hate those old pictures, I am glad now that I have them so I can remember where I was and the totally different person I have become. Good Luck on your journey

Highest Weight - 220/ Date of Surgery - 194/ Goal Weight - 125 CW 122  2nd Goal - 115

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 488 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 508 views