Question about protein coffees & hot choclates

Karin @)-;-'--
on 8/22/11 6:56 pm - Melbourne, Australia

Hi guys,

I read all the time about you having protein coffees or hot chocolates. How do you make them?  My GNC protein mix is one scoop and that's huge and would be about 2 tablespoons so how do you make up the coffees or hot chocolates with protein mix? I tried and the protein mix just went gluggy and horrible.

Cheers from Karin (in Oz)

LilySlim - (qEqi)

MajorMom
on 8/22/11 7:15 pm - VA
You might want to try mixing the protein in a cool liquid first. Skim milk, low carb soy milk or almond milk...maybe 4-6 ounces (don't know what the conversion to metric is). Anyway, one scoop of protein in cool liquid, shake or stir, fill the rest of the way up with hot coffee or water with cocoa.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Mrs.M
on 8/22/11 9:06 pm
I had the same problem bu not anymore.  I put two cups of coffee in a blender ball shaker (the little metal ball helps  mix things up).  I cool the coffee, then add two overfilling scoops of my protein and shake, shake, shake.  When I'm ready for coffee, I put about a quarter of the mixture in a mug, add a cup of hot coffee, milk and sweetener. After stirring, I sometimes nuke the coffee for 20 seconds since the cold coffee sometimes makes it too cool.

Ever since doing it this way I have enjoyed it twice a day.
Janet

Price S.
on 8/22/11 9:51 pm - Mills River, NC
I mix a slurry with about 1/4c water and the scoop of protein.  Most mix well with a spoon.  Then I use it like creamer in my 2 cups of coffee (decaf).  Can't heat the protein over 130 or it curdles. 
For hot chocolate, I use Swiss Miss 25calorie and mix it into the slurry with the protein .  It is harder to mix than the protein is. then I add it to a cup of ho****er (nuked).  Sometimes I use a little soymilk but it is fine with jus****er.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

italianspice
on 8/22/11 11:07 pm - Eastlake, OH
You got great advice already, hope you get to enjoy a hot beverage soon!

Cheers!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

MacMadame
on 8/23/11 3:28 am - Northern, CA
I buy my protein hot chocolate.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/hot-drinks/healthsmart-hot-chocolate-7-box-sucralose.html

They have a bunch of different flavors and artificial sweeteners if you aren't into sucralose.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 317 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 439 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 502 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 523 views