Nausea

paulrap
on 8/30/11 11:07 pm
Hi everyone! Hope all is well since Irene came to town this past weekend. I have not posted in this forum yet, but was hoping to make this my home. . . I am revising from band to bypass on 9/26 and have read a lot about post-op nausea. I did not have any nausea after my band surgery, and to be honest, I am a major wimp when it comes to nausea. I experienced two band slips; however, my weightloss has been great. I am revising to bypass in hopes of getting about 30 pounds off ( ihave had some regain since my last slip and fluid removal) and then maintenance. I am starting to get more nervous as my date approaches and would love to hear others' experiences immediately post-op. I am pretty educated on the nutrition and vitamin requirements, but just wonder how different the bypass will feel from the band. Thanks for any insight!!!

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

Price S.
on 8/30/11 11:32 pm - Mills River, NC
Welcome.  I didn't have a revision, just a RNY and I had no complications at all.  No nausea, no nothing.  I have had foamies 2x from eating too fast and not chewing well enough but I don't dump or haven't pushed the limits far enough to know.  Just follow you plan and hopefully you will be fine. My dr sent us home with nausea meds but I never needed it.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

paulrap
on 8/31/11 1:25 am
Wow thanks! I hope I follow the same path. . .

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

jspencer1014
on 8/31/11 9:00 am - Riverdale, GA
I just had my RNY about a month ago. I'll let you know right up front that my experience IS NOT TYPICAL!!! So don't let my experiences scare you. lol   I have had major nausea and I was sent home with dissolvable zofran. Awesome stuff! It just dissolves on your tongue, requires no water, and works amazingly fast. I also had a patch that I wear behind my ear. One works for 72 hours and then I put another one on behind the other ear. It's a "transdermal scopolamine" patch. In the hospital I had a lot of problems with nausea but having the zofran and the patch together helped out tremendously! I hope you find this helpful! And good luck on your journey!                 -Julie
"It's not what is taken from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."-Hubert Humphrey

Eliza55
on 8/31/11 10:01 am - PA
I have not had any nausea either, although it may not be typical.  My surgeon prescribes anti-nausea meds if you need them.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 295 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 420 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 480 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 500 views