honey, I'm home

Price S.
on 9/11/11 10:10 am, edited 9/10/11 10:24 pm - Mills River, NC
My camping trip with the ponies to Catoosa Ridge in Tennessee is over. It was a great trip and I had a blast. The facility was beautiful and although they had gotten 10inches of rain, the trails were great. Both ponies were fun and I loved all the visiting with friends. the weather couldn't have been better. Did okay eating. I made sure I got my protein and vits in, had a few more carbs than usual but was doing a lot more exercise than usual. I love my camping trailer. It makes all the food stuff so much easier when you can bring and fix whatever you need to.

One friend I hadn't seen in a few years had lost 80lbs this year, the old fashion way. I was very proud of her but also a little sad because she had such a diet mentality. When I would take a bite of potato or desert, she would not. She was really limiting herself and it obviously had been working, but I wondered if it would forever. She also increased her exercise so maybe it will work, I hope so.

Now only 3 more weeks until the trip to Ky. Woo hoo.

Forgot to add, while I was gone, I had my anniversary. 9-9-10 was my surgery date and today a year ago I was coming home from the hospital about 100lbs heavier, instead of coming home from a camping trip. I could have never done what I did this trip if I was still carrying all that extra weight.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 10:35 am - Missoula, MT
 That is awesome!!  Welcome home!  I have had horses since a kid, but I have never taken a camping trip with them, I have always wanted to do that!!  When I get out of school, I am hoping to move back to Kentucky, if I do, we will have to ride/camp together!!!!
Price S.
on 9/11/11 12:46 pm - Mills River, NC
Price S.
on 9/11/11 12:50 pm - Mills River, NC
I love camping and love the ponies.  It's really fun to get to do it all at the same time.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 11:59 am
 We're  one  big step closer to having my horsey dream  cometrue t oo .   We finally signed thecontracts on the  same house AGAIN ...  and  we finally have an approval AND a tentative closing date YAY !!  

next -  closing , painting , and buildinga garage / barn   and rescuing a thoroughbred !!  Whoppee  !!   
Price S.
on 9/11/11 12:47 pm - Mills River, NC
Price S.
on 9/11/11 12:48 pm - Mills River, NC
I put it in the wrong place.  Anyway, lots of great horses need forever homes.  Good luck making it to closing this time.

Kermit P.
on 9/11/11 12:14 pm
Oh Price, you are an inspiration....truly!

Glad you and the ponies had a great trip........a 100 pounds and a year ago makes such a difference doesnt it???!!  Amazing!!!

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Price S.
on 9/11/11 12:52 pm - Mills River, NC
Thanks, Jennifer.  No way I could have done all the walking and toting stuff, much less driven 2 ponies a day for 4 days with an extra 100lbs.

MajorMom
on 9/11/11 7:12 pm - VA
Welcome home and happy surgiversary, Price!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!