starting to get a little worried...

rlw99
on 9/17/11 3:54 pm - Oakland, CA
I am coming up on 10 months out next week and have been in a stall for 2 1/2 months, since the beginning of July. I know that weight loss slows down and I expect that I will have stalls, but this one has been long and I keep wondering if this is it for me and I've lost all the weight I'm going to lose?! I've heard that the malaborption only lasts about 1 1/2 years and am wondering if it can stop as early as a year or even less?! I've been a pretty slow loser comparatively. I've lost a total of 100 lbs over the past year - 30 lbs pre-op and 70 lbs since my surgery in November.

Thoughts? Feedback? Advice for breaking this stall?

Don't get me wrong, I'm so thrilled with the changes and progress I've made over the past year. I went from a 282lbs to 180lbs, size 22/24 Womens to a size 12 Misses, I feel great and have a ton of energy, my joints don't ache, no more GERD, no more stress incontinence... I'm happy with the results, but still hoping to lose another 30lbs and am starting to get a little worried.

Ladytazz
on 9/17/11 4:01 pm
Do you track your food?  You might want to try posting on the Miles & Menus thread and ask for some feedback.
I have heard of people going through long periods of no weight loss and then suddenly the weight starts coming off again.  You may need to kick things up.  You may not be eating enough or too much, not enough fluids and protein, maybe try different activities.  It is never too late to reach your goal.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Price S.
on 9/17/11 9:33 pm - Mills River, NC
You've done great and your body may just need a slowdown.  I had a big slowdown at 5 months, then started losing regularly again.

I agree, track your food and post on Miles and menus.  That should get you some help.  I know I do best when I am over 100g of protein, around 30 net carbs and get plenty of fluids. 

You can keep losing into your 2nd yr so now is the time to fine tune and keep on keeping on.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 9/17/11 11:09 pm - Butler, PA
You've done an awesome job!!   I didn't notice....did you had a gold apple to your signature for 100 pounds lost?

Are you in the normal range yet?  If you aren't then you might want to increase your protein (I prefer drinks) and watch your carbs to jump start yourself again.   If you are in the normal range then you might be down.  It depends where your calorie levels are too. 

When I was about 1.5 years out I added two Protein drinks (carbs weren't a problem for me) and I lost another 10 pounds during the next several months and then continued to lose  until I was at my all time low.  Then I got scared and stupid and I increased my food intake and  gradually gained 10 pounds and have settled there (still within normal range),

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Eliza55
on 9/17/11 11:17 pm - PA
I have also found that if I don't get enough sleep, I go right into a stall (even pre-surgery).  I've started to get more sleep over the past few days, and my 3 week slowdown/stall is starting to move again.

I agree with Roz -100lbs is a great achievement
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 427 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 507 views