update on my furry family

Price S.
on 9/29/11 1:32 am - Mills River, NC
I'm headed off to a horse show but since several folks had questions about my furry family, I thought I would answer in one post.

the old dog, Ziggy, is at the vets on IVs.  The vet didn't think it was a tumor, rather a slouffing off of intestinal lining.  Evidently not as serious.  She is 15 so nothing is simple but she was still happy and seemed ok this morning.  DH will be taking care of her while I am gone and she loves him more than me.

The baby donkey, Jasmine, who is 3 now so not really a baby anymore, just the last baby we had, is home from Charlotte.  She was babysitting a sick horse.  Horses don't do well by themselves when they are sick and the little donkeys are great babysitters for them since they are small and calm.

Talked to my sister who owns the old horse, Dancer.  We aren't in a rush, just need to have him put down before the winter.  She totally agrees and will come and support me during the process.

So now, off to my horse show without a horse.  I am borrowing a pony so it seems very odd to pack up all my show clothes, etc and no pony.  Then I come home Sunday and pack Monday for my Ky camping trip with Poppy.  That time it will be big packing for 6 days.  Whew.  Everyone enjoy this beautiful fall weekend.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Ramie A.
on 9/29/11 1:37 am - Bronx, New York, NY
Good luck to you and have fun!  And who knew that sick horses needed to be baby sat??  LOL

Ramie A.
Lapband Nov 2006; revision to RNY 8/17/2011
5'3", HW: 205 / Consult: 189  /  SW: 184  /  CW: 140  /  GW: 130

lerkhart
on 9/29/11 2:19 am
Price I hope you have a great trip this weekend and next week.  I bet Ky will be beautiful.

I had no idea about the donkey's and babysitting!!  That is so neat.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Fran-I Am
on 9/29/11 3:24 am
Good luck Price! I have shown myself and know how much work it is not to mention the fun. I commend you for making the hard decision for your senior horse. Never an easy thing to do.

SW 1012/11 265#  CW 10/10 142#
Mara C.
on 9/29/11 4:33 am - Millbury, MA
Wow, that IS cool about the donkey babysitting!!

Good luck to all your furry babies!  And, have a great time!!

I found out recently the farm near us does riding lessons, I may look into it for my little one when she's old enough.  She is an animal lover already, and LOVE pony rides, and went on her first horse ride just a few weeks ago.
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Roz !!!!
on 9/30/11 1:36 am - Butler, PA
That sick horse sounds like my DH.  He hates to be alone when he doesn't feel good.  You are a good friend to loan your "baby" out.  Is the horse OK that she was babysitting?  Have fun on your trips!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 317 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 438 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 501 views
Still kickin'...