Almost a one year and wanted to say hi

vixen01
on 10/27/11 2:31 am
I haven't posted here in awhile. In part because I've been busy and the other part is because somehow once I got over the hump and felt like I figured it all out I kinda just lost touch. Needless to say I am still a work in progress and I guess always will be.

I have no issues to date and it has been a pretty smooth process for me....I always say it is as if I were born this way. I exercise all the time and I eat all the time too. Just to keep my weight up. I am almost 5'8" and have noticed that an increase in physical exercise causes me to loose quickly.

Prior to surgery I had a personal goal of 160-175.....after I found out what surgery could do I changed t to 150.....today I am 133.4......I try to stay at 135 but the scale rocks back and forth and I figure if I keep an eye on it I will be okay.

Looking back I wish I had done this sooner. I enjoy life to the fullest but not anymore then before. If you are reading this and are wondering....just go for it. There is nothing to loose except some unwanted pountds.

I am hoping to visit here more often as I know many people here experience some of the same changes over time. It's so nice to share
  SW: 245  GW: 150  CW: 142 

th_LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg        
moving-on
on 10/27/11 2:40 am - Rimrock, AZ
Congrats. i was going to use your surgeon if my insurance was going to deny me. I did have to fight hard and did win. yeah. I have good things about him.
You are doing great. My surgery was Oct 28 10, so just a little before you. I agree, am so glad i did this and wish I would not have chickend out 6 years ago when I started this process.
Thanks for sharing your progress.
vixen01
on 10/27/11 2:47 am
Hi! so glad it worked for you with insurance. I admit I didn't try very hard. I was so desparate about loosing weight that I figured what else could I do. I was reading posts about ppl waiting years and I figured I had waited long enough.

Congrats on your anniversary too Keep it up!

Price S.
on 10/27/11 2:42 am - Mills River, NC
Congratuations on a great journey.  I've ended up about 20 lbs lighter than I had ever hoped for but my body seems pretty happy here and I am still within my normal range.  Amazing how it works. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

vixen01
on 10/27/11 2:48 am
It is truley amazing but as long as we are healthy.

italianspice
on 10/27/11 2:46 am - Eastlake, OH
Congrats on your success! Glad to hear you have done so well!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

vixen01
on 10/27/11 2:49 am
Thank you!

lerkhart
on 10/27/11 10:24 am
Sounds like you have done great.  Congratulations!!
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 414 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views