Does anyone do miralax more than once a day?

italianspice
on 11/19/11 11:30 pm - Eastlake, OH
Good morning LW's!

Been on ferrous forte for several weeks now and experiencing constipation once again. But the real kicker is on friday I hurt my back really bad, preventing a patient from hitting the floor. Needless to say, I cant catch 213 pounds very well, but he did make it onto the bed and not the floor.
But by the end of the day I was in the ER. Thanks goodness for vicodin and flexeril, I can move a little easier, but Wow I am still sore.
And I think these meds are not helping one bit with my constipation issue.
Going to go get more mag citrate, ran out, but havent needed it.  Going to get hubby to bring me to the vitamin shop today.

Thanks!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Kermit P.
on 11/20/11 12:21 am
Maria, I have been told to take miralax more than once a day when constipated. Two weeks after surgery I was in a BAD way and had to go to urgent care.....dr there told me to take it 2-3 times that night and twice the next day until it worked......and with much prayer and time, it did work.  I would suggest taking it twice a day for a bit until things are back to normal.  I now usually only take it every other day unless things start to slow down again.  Miralax has saved my life SEVERAL times in these past months.  Sounds dramatic but it is true!  lol.

Good luck and hope your back feels better soon!

~~Jennifer

p.s. i had to take mag citrate before surgery......just the idea of it makes me squirm.  will NEVER forget the taste of that stuff. 
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Lee ~
on 11/20/11 12:30 am - CA
I only take it once or twice a week now for general cleanout purposes.  I'm having plastic surgery in a month and plan to take it daily in the morning.  I'll take it 2x a day for those first two weeks if I need to.  The last thing that I want to do is strain after a Lower Body Lift.

I hope it works for you.  I'm so sorry that you hurt your back.  Back pain is the worst!  :(

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

lerkhart
on 11/20/11 6:21 am

I hope your back feels better.

I take it in the morning along with 2 colace and just added magnesium.  If I still have problems ocassionally I use a suppository.  I wouldn't think it would hurt to take it twice just to help you out while on the pain meds.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
italianspice
on 11/21/11 3:42 am - Eastlake, OH

Love your new avie! Looking great!!!

Price S.
on 11/20/11 7:17 am - Mills River, NC
I've been doing the miralax at night and benefiber in the morning and it really is working.  I am doing the benefiber because I had it.  I will continue until surgery then figure out what I need to do with the pain meds.  It may have worked just as well to do benefiber 2x a day but this is working so I'm not arguing.

Sorry you hurt your back.  Hope it is minor and will be better soon.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

italianspice
on 11/21/11 3:41 am - Eastlake, OH
Thanks for your support.
Have been using dulcolax suppositories and have fleets ready to go, just in case. Its been pretty tough.
My back is feeling better today. Only using the muscle relaxants and trying not to take the vicodin. I am still pretty tight today. But this too shall pass, and hopefully everything else too!!! lol

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 414 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views