FINALLY - endoscopy done this morning

melizabeth
on 12/15/11 7:56 am - CA
I had my ENDOSCOPY  procedure this morning.  I had to call the office everyday to see if they had a cancellation.  The doctor did find a severe stricture that would not allow his scope to pass through and had to be dilated  three different times.  Kaiser will contact me in a day or two to have an x-ray to make sure I am having no leakage after the dilation.  The doctor wants me to return in three months for another endoscopy to dilate it once again.  They also wanted me to take an additional acid reducer (Pepcid) which now I only take one pill a day for GERD (acid reflux).  But honestly, I haven't noticed any acid reflux since the surgery, DUH, I haven't been eating much of anything but Greek yogurt. 

I'm so happy they found the problem and it is fixable.  This proves I'm not crazy right?

Tomorrow is  a new day and I'm excited to see what it might bring!

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

MajorMom
on 12/15/11 8:21 am - VA
You're definitely not crazy. Strictures happen quite often. I'm so glad they got you in so they can start fixing you up.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Kermit P.
on 12/15/11 8:40 am
I was thinking about you the other day and thinking that it was not right that they werent going to do the test until Jan.  I am so glad you kept calling cause a structure can be fixed and you can be feeling better NOW.  It is interesting that you were eating fine initially so it is DOUBLY good that you advocated for yourself.   IF it occurs again now you know what is occurring.  Hopefully though this will do the trick!   Feel better soon and hopefully you will be back to your 1/4 toast and boiled egg soon! 

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
melizabeth
on 12/15/11 9:44 am - CA
Thanks to all you LWs for encouraging me to be assertive (not my norm) with Kaiser. 
Anxious to eat something tomorrow.  Sipping on sf hot chocolate w/protein for now.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

Price S.
on 12/15/11 10:02 am - Mills River, NC
hurray for you for being percistant and getting this taken care of.  You deserve to feel good for the holiday.  Glad you got it fixed and know what to look for next time.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 12/15/11 11:05 am
I'm glad they finally got you in and took care of your problem.  You have not been crazy at all.  You should not have as many problems as you have had eating.  Strictures are pretty common, but they are generally taken care of pretty quickly.  Hope they got it stretched out enough so you won't have any more problems and you can have smooth sailing from here on out!!  Good luck.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Kaysmommy
on 12/15/11 12:57 pm - Silver City, NM
Yay, Im glad they could get the stricture dilated.   You are doing great, and we should always trust our guts when it comes to issues.  
Eliza55
on 12/16/11 11:03 am - PA
Elizabeth

That's great news that you could move up your appointment, and get it taken care of.  Most people feel great after the stricture is dialated.

Take Care
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 427 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 507 views