Happy New Year!!!

kimberly_gr
on 12/31/11 8:20 am
Since we're spending a quiet (translates to boring) evening at home, I thought I'd send a shoutout to all my compadres here on the message board.

I'm reflecting on this last year--good, bad, and in-between.  I realize I am truly blessed.  I have a roof over my head, food on my table, and people that love me.  I'm blessed to have had the opportunity to change my life by having WLS, and a year ago, I couldn't even imagine feeling or looking the way I do.  My imagination at the time didn't measure to my real results.

Thank you for your support during the past year and before.  God bless you, and may we all have a prosperous and healthy 2012.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

MajorMom
on 12/31/11 9:12 am - VA
You've had a great year, Kim. I hope this new one is just as good. Happy New Year!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 12/31/11 10:16 am - Mills River, NC
last year was such a blessing for many of us.  And the next one has to be even better.  WLS, you are right, is such a blessing.  And our LW's are a big part of that blessing with all the support we provide for each other. 

Thanks everyone and Happy New Year.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

grdn_grl
on 12/31/11 11:36 am
I do feel blessed to have had surgery this month and 2012 will be a REALLY new year!!!  Just having a little buyers remorse tonight - liquids since Dec 19.  I made a salad to take to a potluck tonight and I can't eat any, it looks good too!!!

It'll pass I'm sure but I'm tired of liquids!!!
Kermit P.
on 12/31/11 10:33 am
What a lovely post!

I havent been feeling well this past week (some respiratory/cold symptoms) but finally made it to the gym today. As I was jogging I reflected on this past year.  I have learned so much from this board and I have learned a lot about myself.  I have been so grateful for the gift of WLS and my getting the courage to do this.  It took me a few years of thought, prayer, and research to get to the place of pursuing this major change in my life. In some ways I have been way more compliant that I ever thought I would be........yet I also know that I still want to use food inappropriately at times.  The weight has also come off pretty slow yet my body continues to get smaller and I am now weighing only once a month or so to help with NOT hating that damn scale.  All in all, I wish for continued growth and I told myself that NEXT Dec 31st I will be in the gum running again......hopefully longer. 

Blessings everyone!!

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
grdn_grl
on 12/31/11 11:37 am
Happy New Year Lightweight friends!!!

Wendy
southernlady5464
on 12/31/11 8:58 pm
Great post, Kimberly.

Happy New Year to all the LW's.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 296 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 420 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 482 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 500 views