What is this?

TiffLori86
on 2/15/12 3:02 am - Chester, PA
Hey all,  im not sure what I have going on right now.  I ate (4 bites) some lunch meat and cheese rolls no bread and I thought I may have eaten too fast or took too big of a bite due to the discomfort I was experiencing; however, the pain and discomfort did not go away and actually got worse I had this horrendous sensation like I was about to vomit but nothing was coming up and it was unbelievably painful like right in my chest area.  So I ended up just making myself vomit to stop the horrible feeling I was having. This was about an hour and a half ago.  I had to go back and throw up about 3 times with in the hour  with not much coming up probably because there is nothing in my stomach all ate today so far was a protein shake and a few bites of a protein bar, and the lunch meat was supposed to be lunch (sorry to be gross). This is the first time I have gotten sick since the surgery and I am not sure if it is normal.  I have not experienced dumping and I am not sure if that is what has happened or if I just ate too fast. I am ok now but not touching solids for the time being just in case.  I am eating a yogurt right now and I seem to be ok and it is actually settling my stomach some.  Does anyone know what may have happened?

Thanks
Tiffany :-)

Mandy R.
on 2/15/12 4:47 am - Callahan, FL
It sounds like you ate too fast.  i feel like this all the time but I have a stricture :*(
Mandy

HW-298  SW-251 Loss/Month post RNY(1)-23.5,(2)-23.3,(3)-9.9,(4)-10.6,(5)-8.9,(6)-7.7,(7)-4.2,(8)-7.5,(9)-1.7,(10)-10.8*first goal reached*,(11)-6,(12)-1.3,(13)-0.3,(14)+2.9-*changed scales that weigh 2lbs heavier*,(15)-0.3(16)-4.7(17),+5.8(18)-1.5,(19)+4.4,(20)-+4,(21)-1.2,(22)+3.5,(23)

TiffLori86
on 2/15/12 4:50 am - Chester, PA
Oh goodness .. I'm sorry to hear that Mandy I hope you start to feel better . Thank you for the tip that's the first time I've experienced it

lerkhart
on 2/15/12 5:29 am
Tiffany,
Sounds like it got stuck.  Could be from too fast or too large a bite.  Papya Enzymes really help with this.  Did you get the foamies with it?

Hope you feel better soon.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
TiffLori86
on 2/15/12 7:48 am - Chester, PA
Yes I believe so .... It was terrible.... My surgeon told me no papaya enzymes because they can cause esophageal errosion... R they ok ??

Thanks

lerkhart
on 2/15/12 8:11 am
 I have never heard that before.  I use them but it is very rare that I need to.

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Marilyn101
on 2/15/12 9:35 am - FL
Wow I am sorry you went through that. I hope you feel better. Keep us posted.
(deactivated member)
on 2/15/12 9:53 am
It sounds to me like something too big too. I too have used papaya enzymes and I have only used them a few times, but keep them on hand.
It is good to take it easy for a bit but you probably will be fine in the morning.
TiffLori86
on 2/15/12 10:45 am - Chester, PA
I will start carrying them if they will help with that... It was horrible but now at least I know what was wrong ....I will try to be more careful and take smaller bites.. Thank you so much everyone...

Roz !!!!
on 2/15/12 11:39 pm - Butler, PA
At 3.5 years out I still have that problem sometimes.  It used to bother me but now I thank God that after all of this time my tool is still working.  I also get hiccups if I eat to fast or to much.  That's another sign I thank God for.

It's best just to try and throw up and get it over with.  Rarely does anything come up but it gets rid of the pressure and the foamies go away.

It usually happens to me when I'm talking through dinner and not being aware of how big or how fast I'm eating.  Sometimes to happens when the food is too dry also.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...