I confess...

Koko10
on 2/16/12 8:06 am - NC
OK, I did it. It's been 1 year and 15 days and what did I do...I got stressed out at work and went to McDonald's and ate 1/2 bag of fries. It was a small bag, but I ate 1/2 bag in 2 minutes before I realized that I was actually stress eating. I thought I had finally licked that beast! There have been plenty of stressful things going on in my life since I've had this surgery! Why did it happen now? Oh well...I'm back on the bandwagon. No McDonald's! I still need to find a way to deal with stress when talking, walking, and writing don't seem to work. Any suggestions?

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

Jody ***
on 2/16/12 8:56 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Good thing is, is that you recognized what it was - before you wouldn't have realized you were stress eating.

I also have trigger foods and indulged yesterday in one.  I'm going to pay big time for it (as in loose stools)....

No real advice except to stay focused on the prize and realize when stresses DO invade!  I think you're on the right track.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Koko10
on 2/16/12 9:23 am - NC
Thank you so much. It feels good to confess. Everyone thinks that I do everything right and I don't. LOL I have my problems too. A couple of my friends who had the surgery cheat all the time and I do not. However, I have to admit that I don't want to do what I did to get me 100+ lbs over weight again. I don't think it will mess with my stool though. It did make me feel very bloated.
Lee ~
on 2/16/12 9:34 am - CA
 I don't think there is anything to confess.  When I think of confession, I think Bad Girl!  We came to this surgery honestly and it doesnt necessarily go away in a year or two or three.  Sometimes we still make poor choices, but the beauty is that  we recognize them for what they are and we do our best so that they don't happen often.  

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Price S.
on 2/16/12 10:06 am - Mills River, NC
did you think that you would never eat fries again?  if you need to confess for that  i am sunk for sure  maybe it wasnt a great choice and it was for the wrong reason but goodness cut yourself some slak cause you have done great  

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Panda ..
on 2/16/12 10:36 am
Lynn5707
on 2/16/12 11:15 am, edited 2/16/12 11:15 am - IN
Good job for realizing you were stress eating. I have had quite a few "stressful" days lately, and although I'm not as far out as you are, sometimes I have made great choices, others not so great. I feel it is all a journey to learn how to keep the weight off, and be healthy.

One thing I am starting to do is focus more on fitness, as I am very, very poor at that. Hopefully it will help me with stress eating too!

Also, I figure I am "on program" so to speak at least 95% of the time. I feel I have come so far with the help of my sleeve, and am so thankful.

Bettisima
on 2/16/12 11:31 am
While I understand you don't want to be too comfortable eating fries, it isn't the world. You are doing so well, and recognizing the stress trigger and owning your actions is huge! You are doing GREAT
Koko10
on 2/17/12 3:59 am - NC
Thanks everybody, I really appreciate the support and encouragement. You are correct, I wouldn't have recognized it before I wouldn't have stopped at 1/2 bag of a small fries. I would have scarfed down a large fries, strawberry shake and a big mack and still felt hungry! LOL Thanks for helping me keep it in perspective. Praying that you all are doing well on your journey!
italianspice
on 2/17/12 5:00 am - Eastlake, OH
Great job for the recognition of your behavior. I know I still struggle at times with wanting to eat when stressed out.
Just remember to be kind to yourself.

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...