I"M 52 today and feel 32

seaview
on 3/10/12 1:45 am
 So today I turn 52...two years out from VSG...lost 70...excercise and eat well...feeling great...life has just begun...getting through menopause without a hitch except for hot flashes which I can deal with...
waking up everyday with energy and hope and a feeling of control in my life...doing more things...going more places...accepting new challenges...and all thanks to this surgery and the work I put in to lose the weight...it's been transformative and I cannot say enough about it...I know I don't take enough credit EVER for where I am in my life but I have to admit I have done LOTS of hard emontional work to get myself healthy mentally and now physically ...I do not think I could have gotten to this point without the years of therapy that I put in. It would have been just another weight loss thing and would not have included the ability to take care of my emotions and myself in a healthier way...I don't know if this resonates with any of you....I have learned to put myself somewhere near the front of the line...considering I have kids husband dog...and all of that..but I have learned to say no...to cancel if needed...to say " I have to think about it" before agreeing to things....to chosing friends who understand this and can deal with it...in other words emotionally healthy friends...I have had to clean out my friend closet along with my fat clothes...not in a mean way but those who could not deal just fell off my radar..I am happier..more compassionate...and not as angry and self hating...I still struggle with self esteem...food...feeling fat...self criticism but overall the improvement is immense...wishing you all a great day...don't forget to leap into spring tonight...my two year anniversary is April 8...I will post photos then and another long post...
SEAVIEW
MajorMom
on 3/10/12 3:33 am - VA
Happy birthday, Seaview!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Panda ..
on 3/10/12 4:10 am
pedirn06
on 3/10/12 7:36 am
VSG on 01/26/12

Happy Burthday!
pedirn06

Kermit P.
on 3/10/12 7:59 am
Great post!

You are amazing!!!

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
lerkhart
on 3/10/12 10:22 am
Happy Birthday!  Hope you had a great day. 
Can't wait for pictures.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
loverofcats
on 3/10/12 11:59 am
Happy Birthday, Seaview!!!   

WLS is certainly transformative.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Mrs.M
on 3/10/12 8:58 pm
 Happy Birthday to you.  Aren't the 50's great?
Janet

italianspice
on 3/10/12 10:01 pm - Eastlake, OH
Inspirational!

I didnt realize how much of this jourey was going to be emotional. You really summed it up very well.

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day!!!

~Maria
melizabeth
on 3/11/12 12:25 am - CA
Happy Birthday! 

Thank you for your inspiring post.  I need to make some changes in my life as well, saying "no" has never been in my vocabulary.

Anxious to see your pics soon.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 416 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 476 views