I am so tired of people telling me I am too small

sstockton
on 3/30/12 12:45 am - Canyon, TX
RNY on 04/03/12
Hello, I am obese and yet when I tell someone I am having this surgery about half of the people tell me that I am too small.  I hate feeling like I have to justify what I am doing.  I guess it should make me feel good that they are saying that but I am still obese and miserable.  Just wanted to vent and I figured this was the place to do it.  

So excited, only four more days!!!!
Hayley73
on 3/30/12 12:55 am
VSG on 04/17/12 with
I understand completely!!!  I just respond by saying "would you like me to take my clothes off and see if you still think that??"  Im a bit blunt most of the time, so I usually smile and just wait for their reply...most of the time, there isn't one. End of conversation!!

Just bc Ive been the "fluffy" girl all my life, doesnt mean I want to stay that way!!!

Wake up every morning with the thought that something WONDERFUL is gonna happen!!! 
Eliza55
on 3/30/12 1:43 am - PA

As a lightweight, I got that as well.  The reality is that you would not be approved for surgery unless you are morbidly obese, or nearly so with significant complications.   

Good luck on an uneventful surgery and quick recovery.

Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Roz !!!!
on 3/30/12 1:54 am - Butler, PA
Congrats on making this choice for yourself!!!! 

Just so you are aware...those same people are probably going to keep asking you "how much more are you going to lose"..."are you eating enough"... and "are you feeling alright".   I've even had people who didn't know that I had surgery ask others if I was sick.

All the questions will end after you have been maintaining for awhile and they get use to the new you. 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

lerkhart
on 3/30/12 2:15 am
Congratulations on taking care of you! 

Like Roz said after your surgery people will be telling you you are too thin and need to eat more!!  Try not to let them influence you.  I just pretty much said "Ok, Thanks" and went about doing what I knew I needed to do for me.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.  Hope you have a great surgery and a speedy recovery.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
sstockton
on 3/30/12 2:37 am - Canyon, TX
RNY on 04/03/12
Thanks so much for the encouraging words.  I really can't wait until I get to the point where people are telling me I am getting too skinny but I am sure it will bother me.  I never thought it would bother me to have people tell me I'm too small but here we are. 

I have been surprised with people's reactions and it makes me nervous to tell people about the surgery.  No one has been out and out rude about but not many have been really supportive either.  I usually get, "oh, I hope that works for  you" .  I am just ready to be on the other side and not to have to deal with that anymore.  

Thanks so much for letting me vent and being so understanding!!!!
bowknot
on 3/30/12 4:41 am
Now that I've had the surgery and lost 95 pounds, I get a similar response ... "You weren't big enough to have THAT surgery."  Hell yes I was!  Not just obese Morbidly Obese. 

I'm very happy with my decision and my life!  Congratulations!  Your surgery date will be here before you know it.

We're always here for positive support!  I love the lightweights!

Kay
MajorMom
on 3/30/12 5:37 am - VA
You are in the right place! Good luck to you and please hang in here with us.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 3/30/12 7:17 am - Mills River, NC
We have to make these decisions for ourselves.  Too heavy, then too thin.  We hear it all.  But I know this is one lady who couldn't be happier.  It's a process and a journey.  In the end, we all want to be healtier and the positive of looking nice in clothes and being more active is a great plus.  Stay around here, we are on your side.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

dasie
on 3/30/12 6:31 pm
I wish I knew about this board when I was pre-op.  I experienced the same thing you did, even from hospital staff when I was completing my pre-registration 4 days before surgery.    Best wishes on your surgery. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 427 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 507 views