Two years out yesterday

seaview
on 4/9/12 2:12 am
 So yesterday was my two year anniversary and I FORGOT!
That's how life has been moving along...it was EASTER and I did NOT eat any eggs...just didn't go there...that's pretty much sums up my life now...I don't go there!...sometimes I do over indulge in foods I should not but the portions are obviously smaller...
I began at 210 and am not between 140 and 145....I am excercising regularly and HARD...
I lift weights two days a week and do cardio about three days...I rest a lot sometimes and take days off to recover...at 52 my joints are not what they used to be and I think I kind of abused them with the excess weight...
My food is clean 90% of the time..I have a menu in my head of certain things that I will eat...yogurt..protein shakes...nuts...meat of any kind...fish of any kind...eggs...I eat salads but I am not eating  lots of vegetables and hardly EVER eat fruit....only raisins sometimes... and banana in my shake when I run long distances...I seem to be doing fine with that...and I still think of fruit as too m any carbs and sugar for me...vegetables I eat usuallly with dinner and it's whatever I feed my family...I am more of a grazer to be honnest...but it works for me and I'm healthy and my labs are good and my energy is great...soooo...no complaints...
I am in the middle of menopause and thin and feeling pretty good albeit hot sweats all the time but whatever... I need to hydrate alot more these days...
Socially things are so much better... I am more willing to go out with friends ...to parties and events because I have something to wear! I used to stay home because I couldn't go out due to feelings of low self esteem and I could not stand SPANX and that feeling of being squished into
panty hose with my tighs rubbing together all night long...etc...
anyhow now it's completely different and I do feel better and more engaged in the world and like God wiling I will live another 40 years...
Thanks so all the people on this site for supporting me these two years and before my surgery...
My life is transformed and I  have it back now...
This surgery requires hard work and diligence after...it is NOT a fix...but it was the help I needed and I did the work as did all of use who are successful in this...and after we also do work EVERY DAY to keep the weight off ...
Love you guys...SEAVIEW
Kermit P.
on 4/9/12 2:24 am
You are an inspiration Seaview!!!

~~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Roz !!!!
on 4/9/12 2:30 am - Butler, PA
AWESOME and HAPPY SURGIVERSARY!!!!!! It sounds to me like you are doing everything right!!  90% clean is a pretty good percentage so keep it up!!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

seaview
on 4/9/12 2:38 am
I still deal with HEAD HUNGER lots of the time...I still struggle with wanting to eat when I'm angry or upset...sometimes I give in and do...oh well...I am not perfect.... I still have FAT days believe it or not...I have been struggling with being a compulsive overeater and binge eater since 9 years old...it has been a LONG LONG TIME...and I am tired...but I have found a way to balance it and I am doing much better...and I am living life and finding joy so that's cool...I do find sometimes when I feel like overeating I just take a nap and that helps...and when I say overeating I mean overeating a TINY bit..I also watch my surgery online sometimes to remind me of how much stomach they took out and how really small it is now...LOL... 
Lee ~
on 4/9/12 2:48 am - CA
Bravo bravo bravo!  You are such a big success story Seaview. You've stuck with it for two years and your success shows!  You've been a great inspiration for so many here on the LW board.  I think you're fantastic!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

seaview
on 4/9/12 2:50 am
 Likewise Lee...I always feel like you are there ....Thanks...
seaview
on 4/9/12 2:51 am
 BTW my name is Jessica
Lee ~
on 4/10/12 5:07 am - CA
 LOL, hi Jessica!  You're still Seaview. :)

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

lerkhart
on 4/9/12 3:32 am
Way to go Jessica!!  You are such a great success story.  I have really enjoyed reading your posts and watching your journey.

I remember the hot flashes and sweats(lol-I'm glad they are mostly over now)!!

I think maintaining is so much harder than dropping the weight, but you are doing a great job.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
seaview
on 4/9/12 3:40 am
 Thanks so much Linda...yes maintenance is the long haul and hard...for me it's dealing with the addictive part of my brain that wants to mood alter with food...it is quite amazing how many feelings and mood states my overeating masked...so yes it is hard and challenging but rewarding..nothing comes for free right? thanks for your support..jessica
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 416 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 477 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views