Bloated

Koko10
on 4/9/12 11:14 am - NC
Ok, 14 months out and I am so bloated! Every time I eat I get really bloated my stomach gets hard. My stomach is above my waist now, not below. I'm not having any other problems so I don't think I need to go back to the Dr. What do you think? Will this go away?

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

MajorMom
on 4/9/12 7:23 pm - VA
First you could try a good probiotic. Digestive Advantage Gas may work for you. If that doesn't work, you may ask your doc if you can try a round of Flagyl antibiotic to put you back on track.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 4/9/12 8:53 pm - Mills River, NC
Have you tried gasx?  That and the probiotic Gena mentioned might be a place to start.  Are you eating anything different?  Maybe you are reacting to a different food.  do you need a laxative?  I do benefiber daily and an occasional dose of miralax.  That helps everything moving.

Hope you get it fixed.  That's no fun.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Koko10
on 4/11/12 3:52 am - NC
Thank you both, I appreciate your suggestions. I have been chewing GasX like candy for over 8 months now. I have a box in my purse, in the medicine cabinet upstairs and down stairs and one in my office. LOL I forgot about my probiotics. I used to take them before the surgery. I will go back to those and see if they help me because this is the pitts!

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

MacMadame
on 4/11/12 8:21 am - Northern, CA
Actually, our stomachs are in our chest just under the breast bone. (True before WLS and true after.) The area above and below our belly button is where our intestines are.

So this is something happening in your intestines. If it was me, and I was in pain, I'd call my PCP or surgeon. But if I'm not in pain, then I just try to eat better. Like right now I get cramps after drinking my morning protein shake. This happens to me off and on and it just means I need to go back on probiotics or eat more yogurt.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views