RE--BOUND means RE--POUND

seaview
on 5/16/12 1:12 am
 Hey I do not like REBOUND and won't have AN Y part of it...Rebound means I am having carbs again...albeit in small quantities but nevertheless...a little bread here...raisins...fruit...a bite of this and a piece of that..and I'm not talking major amounts...and next thing you know the scale is up four pounds....now I work out  a lot but the carbs blow me up like a balloon...yes it's probably water weight...but I don't like the FEELING of being carby...my body does not feel the same...my head is hungrier...I do not like the scale....so WHAT DO I DO?....I go back to the drawing board...lose the four pounds and rethink the box...I want to be able to stay at a low, lean weight and eat SOME carbs...but it's a dance and I have not figured it out yet...actually I have..it's a no bread, sugar life...carbs can be in the form of fruit and veggies...and that's pretty much it except fo the occasional treat...I have to make some fundamental changes in my life and how I eat now is one of them....having lost the weight I  need to learn to maintain...it's been two years but I get how we regain and some of us lots of it...and Carnie Wilson is me on some level...and all of us to some degree...the food addiction is unbelievable...yes I am not as evolved as some...I have not found peace with my body yet...but I am working on finding a place where I am comfortable and not feeling bloate and carby ...yet still eating enough for energy and good health...I have to say to lose the extra weight I do ALL protein days until the weight drops off....those days are lousy although I feel better without carbs albeit it being hard...
So those are my thoughts for the day...just venting and letting you know where I am at in my journey...SEAVIEW
lerkhart
on 5/16/12 2:10 am
Seaview, when you get it all figured out - please let me know!!  Maintenance is so much harder than when you are losing weight.  Of course we can eat more and I think as we let different foods back into our lives we find the triggers that cause us to eat other things or more than we should be eating.

I did not have bad cravings for the first 2+ years, but lately the cravings have been driving me crazy sometimes. 

Linda 
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
seaview
on 5/16/12 4:48 am

Yeah maintenance is the REAL test...Excercise is great but it's really what you PUT IN YOUR MOUTH that counts when it comes to losing and maintaining...I play games like " I worked out REALLY hard" this shouldn't do any harm! Of course it's the quality of the food not the quantity etc..But yeah..when I discover the secret I will tell you...SEAVIEW
Price S.
on 5/16/12 8:01 am - Mills River, NC
it does help me to post daily on M&M, even though I am not using the tracker everyday like I should.  I agree maintainance is HARD.  Sometimes I feel like I could eat all day with no restriction at all.  It has, at least so far, been easy to get back on track and the weight has come back off but "normal" is a pound higher than it used to be.  It is so easy to let it creep up. 

At least we all have each other to help us through the process.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

seaview
on 5/16/12 8:16 am
 Yup thanks Price...I will try to post on M&M ....SEAVIEW
Eliza55
on 5/16/12 9:15 am, edited 5/16/12 9:15 am - PA
Seaview

Thanks for posting - I have the same issue as you do.  As long as it's a fruit or veggie the scale goes down, but if it's bread or sugar then my scale goes up.  My scale is either up or down, and never flat.

For me down is not good, as I have lost whatever "buffer" I had, so even having fasting labs drawn at 10 am exhausts me for the entire day, due to missing breakfast.  
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Roz !!!!
on 5/17/12 12:11 am - Butler, PA
I'm going to work on those ALL Protein days!  So that means nothing but Protein (including fruit) on those days?

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

seaview
on 5/17/12 1:08 am
 Only protein...shakes...dense protein like meat....hard boiled eggs...no sliders...no yogurt cottage cheese...cheese etc...I do it for as long as it takes to get the extra bloat and get me off of sugar and simple carbs..it works great...it feels lousy at first but you get used to it pretty quick..it's boring and it makes me realize how much I nibble....no fruit no veggies..that's what I do...so just if you're interested...it works for me...SEAVIEW
Roz !!!!
on 5/17/12 2:41 am - Butler, PA
I'm not sure I can give up my Wendy's Chili...that's a staple for me but I think I could give up everything else.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

seaview
on 5/17/12 6:04 am
 Don't give up what works for you. Only  what does not. 
It's all about learning how our individual diets and bodies work.
Enjoy your chili..
SEAVIEW

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 416 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 476 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views