Weekly Maintenance Post

lerkhart
on 6/21/12 9:48 am
I think I'm late with this for the week - sorry!  I've been at my parents visiting.  I got home yesterday afternoon.  We had a wonderful visit.

My thought for this week is that none of us can stay perfect all the time.  We are going to have special treats or slip ups whichever you prefer to call it.  Before WLS when I had a slip up or treat - I could never stop and would just give up.  Coming back on here and posting and reading post really helps me to get back on track.  Do you have anything that really helps you get back on track that you would like to share with us?

Hope you have all had a great week.  Has anyone found anything great to eat this week?  Or have you rediscovered something that you used to have but had forgotten about?

What victories did you have this week?

What struggles did you have this week?

My victories were that I survived at my moms without eating all of the chocolate candy that she has!!  I had like 4 pieces of it the first day and then I left it alone.  I've had a really good day today - eating even though it has been a stressful day.

Struggles - I think I had more of these than victories this past week.  Apple pie at my moms was a big struggle - I did end up having about 2 pieces over 2 days.  I did not get as much exercise as I would have liked to. 

Ok who is next.....
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
MajorMom
on 6/21/12 9:57 am - VA
You did good!   

They had security awareness at work and that aways includes goodies in the breakroom. I ate a granola bar that messed up my stomach that evening.   

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

lerkhart
on 6/21/12 10:24 am
Thanks Gina.

I have a hard time with the protein bars or anything like that.  I loved the Rock N Roll bars, but couldn't stop until I was sick....needless to say I have not ordered them again.  Hope your tummy didn't feel back too long.
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 6/21/12 10:51 am, edited 6/21/12 9:25 pm - Mills River, NC
glad you had a good visit. I miss my parents. I guess I always will.

victories: I have been good about sticking to my plan and I have stayed on track, other than father's day. I've been weighing and tracking and staying on plan. I swam laps and walked but not everyday. I have driven the ponies everyday but yesterday because I had meetings.

struggles: I had been at 115 several days last week and was on Sunday when we reported. then eating on Father's day I didn't think was horrible but Mon was up 2 lbs and it hasn't gone away??? Geeze. I've had that "why bother" feeling and that is scarey. Could my body really like 116-117 more than 114-115? I'm happy eating how I am now and really don't want to cut anything, fat, carbs or calories to get lower but I certainly don't want to creep up. I guess I will keep on keeping on and see where I go. 1100-1300 calories just doesn't seem like that much.

My favorite new food is a salad made with broccali and feta. Tonight I nuked the broccali and sliced onion just to barely get it soft, then mixed the feta and just a teaspoon or 2 of greek salad dressing. Yummmm. I made some ground chicken patties that weren't horrible but they weren't great. Everything else has been pretty basic this week.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 6/22/12 1:46 am
Sounds like your doing great Price.  I agree with keeping up what you are doing.  I don't want to feel so deprived that I "go off the deep end" with food and just constantly wanting something. 

I wish I could eat brocolli.  Everytime I have eaten it since surgery, it gets all hung up.  Raw, cooked doesn't matter.  That salad sounds so good!!

Linda
paranoidmother21
on 6/21/12 11:33 am - Lake Zurich, IL
Thanks, Linda!

Victories - I've been running, whi*****reases my heart rate (even though I walk faster than I run - goofy!), whi*****reases my metabolism which just makes everything work better. And - last week we spent several days visiting friends in St. Louis, and wound up eating out every doggone meal for 4 days, and then came back to Father's Day with a huge meal. According to the scale, up 3 pounds on Monday. Today - down 2 of those.

Struggles - 2 weeks ago I wound up with very sore, swollen knees after a rough weekend on the boat. Saw the orthopedic surgeon this week, who says (thankfully!) that all I need is PT. I agree, and was hoping he'd say that. However, it's hard to do the stuff she wants me to do, LOL! On the victory side of it, I am cleared to run/distance walk, but NOT stand in the water for hours on end, as the PT says the problem is my hips, not my knees (my knees were just what demonstrated the problem).

Overall, it's been a good week! And for tomorrow's run, I have a cute new running skirt: my first, as I've been running in shorts! I like being a fashionista!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

lerkhart
on 6/22/12 1:49 am
Ok you are just going to have to get someone to take your picture when you get ready to run!!  After telling us what all you put on and now the cute little skirt!!!  We need to see this.  I have to wear knee length running shorts with shorter shorts over them because my legs are so bad looking and DH hates for me to go out with just the running shorts on - he doesn't think it looks very nice!!  Personally I could run with just the running shorts on because they actually hold all my skin together and help it not to get so sore!!

Sounds like you have had a great week.  I'm glad you can run with your knee issues and that PT will fix it.

Linda
paranoidmother21
on 6/23/12 11:56 am - Lake Zurich, IL
LOL!  I'm trying to NOT go out when DH is home, because he gets grumpy about the amount of walking/running I'm doing!  However, next Thursday I'm spending the day with DD (it's her birthday, and part of what she wants for her gift is me to come over and help her organize stuff).  So, after skating and running, I'll have her get a pic of me in my skirt and gear that I can post.

I will say - the skirt was FABULOUS, and since it's still on sale, I will be getting another one!
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/activewear/brands/fila_sport/fila_sport1/dresses/PRD~583930/FILA+SPORT+Focus+Fitness+Skort.jsp  The shorts are snug without being tight, and do not have that annoying silicone band that sticks to your legs.  However, they didn't ride up at all, and the skirt was just wide enough to not catch on my legs, so again, very easy to use!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

lerkhart
on 6/24/12 6:42 am
I always forget about Kohls and there is one near me.  I need to get another pair of the tighter shorts to wear under my running shorts because my skin gets so sore if I don't have something to hold it tight while I run.

Can't wait to see the picture!!
paranoidmother21
on 6/24/12 1:37 pm - Lake Zurich, IL
Have you looked at Lucy?  It's an activewear store, available online if there isn't one near you.  I picked up some running shorts with a liner (like a swimsuit bottom) attached that keeps them from shifting when I run.  They also have the bicycle-type that are snug all over.  A bit pricey, but the clearance items are about the same cost as getting something at the big box athletic stores.

They also have an adorable running skirt that's currently on clearance for $40, but the shorts are longer than the skirt, and I don't care for that look on me.
Rebecca

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views