Checklist

kesa85
on 7/14/12 4:15 am - LA
RNY on 07/31/12
 My surgery date is July 31 and I thought a checklist for pre op and post op would be good. What should I get before I go into surgery? When were you able to actually go to the store after surgery? Just thought about it that I probablly dont feel like going to the store after surgery lol
Oh and another question when did you had your follow up? I know i have one after a week to get the drain pull out and after 2 weeks. I am asking because my case its a lil copmlicated. We are moving on August 16 to South Carolina from Louisiana so I have to go to a new doctor for follow ups.
I was hoping to do my surgery in South carolina but my Insurance will make me do the whole process again in SC and I am not doing  that since it took my 7months to get my approval :-?

Thanky for your help

Price S.
on 7/14/12 6:53 am - Mills River, NC
Welcome to the LW board.  I think my sister took me to get a pedicure on about day 5.  I could have done minor shopping then but of course, couldn't carry groceries in, etc.  My follow up with the Dr was 1 week and 6 weeks, then 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 yr, 18 months. 2 yrs.  annually after that. 

Where in SC are you moving?  I live in NC but my insurance required a Center of Excellance and the closest one was in SC, Greenville.  I highly recommend them if you are close to Greenville.

Your Dr should give you a list of what you can eat /drink in the beginning.  By the time you progress to the next level, you will be driving.  In fact, I was never restricted from driving unless I had taken pain meds, which was just the first couple of days.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

kesa85
on 7/14/12 7:50 am - LA
RNY on 07/31/12
Thanks for the Info :-) We are moving to Columbia. But my husband is from Greenville lol I found already a doctor I wanna go to but since we are in the army my insurance requieres a referral from the doc on post to the surgon off post. At least I will be able to go to my surgon 2 weeks after surgery and then i will check with the surgon in SC :-)

lerkhart
on 7/15/12 4:40 am
Please check with your surgeon to make sure you can travel that far that soon.  I lived 4 hours from where I had surgery and I had to get out and walk around every hour while traveling home.  I think it had to do with blood clots forming if you sit too long-not positive about this.

I did not have any drains so I had my first appointment at 3 weeks out then 3 months, 6 months, one year and now annually.

You can order samples of protein from Vitalady.com.  I would do samples because after surgery your taste usually changes some.  Be sure to take some chapstick with you to the hospital, my lips were so dry and it really helped.

Good luck.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
kesa85
on 7/15/12 5:03 am - LA
RNY on 07/31/12
Thanks for the tipps :-) My surgeon knows about the move and i will be out about 2 and a half weeks and we will make plenty of stops. Its about a  14 hour drive . I will check the website out thank you :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 427 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 487 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 507 views