Three Years Ago

lerkhart
on 8/2/12 11:59 pm

Three years ago today I changed my life!!  I asked DH this morning if he remembered where we were 3 years ago and ofcourse he didn't.  I told him and he said he couldn't believe it had been 3 years since I had my WLS.

My highest weight was 248.5.  My weight this morning was 125.5 for a loss of 123.  I lost 14.5 pounds before I had surgery.  I have to confess that the weight loss part was pretty easy.  The maintenance however, takes a lot more work and time on my part.  For the people just starting out, enjoy the ride.  Take the weight loss time to form new and better habits with eating and exercise because you will need these new habits when you get to maintenance.  I wish I had worked more on exercise during the weight loss phase.  Don't be too anxious to test the waters, the longer you can hold off eating carbs or sweets, the better off you will be.

Regrets - absolutely NONE!!  It was the right time in my life for this.  I probably could not have stayed on track with food or vitiamins when I was younger. 

Thank you to everyone who has helped me over the last 3 years.  Thanks for encouraging me to do the Protein Drinks - I honestly believe that they really help me to stay successful and keep the weight off.  Special thanks to my Angel - Gina!!  Roz really stayed after me about the protein drinks!!  Jody was always there to help with my new dress styles since wearing cute clothes was something totally new to me. 

I have enjoyed watching so many of your journeys and really feel like you are part of my family.  I am hoping when I retire in a couple of years I can get around and really meet more of you.

Ok, here is a picture of my progress over the first 7 months.

Here is one taken this morning.

Atleast DH didn't cut my head off!!

Thanks to everyone. 
Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
godzilla
on 8/3/12 1:35 am - Israel
What a remarkable transformation!
Mikimi in Israel
lerkhart
on 8/3/12 2:36 am
Thank you Mikimi.  Hope you are feeling good!!
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 8/3/12 2:07 am - Mills River, NC
what a great angel you have been for me!  Look at you, WOW.  congrats on having a great 3 years.  Thanks for doing great and being there while I followed in your footsteps.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 8/3/12 2:37 am
Thank you Price.  I have loved sharing recipes with our group and getting great ideas from everyone on here!  I think we have the best group in the world!!
Linda
Ladytazz
on 8/3/12 3:28 am
You look wonderful!  I am always inspired by those who have managed to maintain their weight loss into the years.  Just inconceivable to me even though it has been about a year now for me.  Longest I can ever remember staying the same weight.  That, to me, is the victory!  Keep up the good work!

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

lerkhart
on 8/3/12 3:56 am
Thanks so much!!  I have never been able to keep mine off this long at any period of time in my life - so I am very excited and committed.  One of the keys for me is to staying connected here with all of you.
Kermit P.
on 8/3/12 4:14 am
Linda,

You look so cute. Your posts are always so supportive!
You are an inspiration...

Blessings to you!

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
lerkhart
on 8/3/12 8:42 am
Thank you so much Jennifer. 
Linda
LinR
on 8/3/12 4:35 am
You look really great.  Maintenance is a lot of work--but worth it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views