post op 9 days

kesa85
on 8/9/12 9:29 am - LA
RNY on 07/31/12
Just thought I would tell you guys how I am doing lol
I still feel hungry and hve to watch carefully how mucg i eat so i wont overeat but i think the nervs are healing.
So far i lost 18.6 lbs in 9 days what is absolute amazing :-) Never thought i would lose that fast since my total weight loss is about 80 lbs. I cant wait to eat some tuna and other stuff lol and that brings me to my question next friday we will move to SC 14 hour drive and i need some tips what i should take with  me to eat? I will be at stage 4 at this time just need some ideas ...#

Thank you ladies hope you all have a great day :-)

Mama477
on 8/9/12 9:53 am
I go the easy route when I travel. Pack a cooler bag with yogurt and bottled water, your favorite protein powder and your shaker cup. Throw in some plastic spoons, too. I bought a box for the car while I was off work. Just in case I need a yogurt fix while at Target or wherever!

So when your family needs to drive thru you get a cup of ice for your shaker add water and protein and you are good to go!

We went to the beach when I was 5 weeks out from surgery. It wasn't the best trip as far as eating... It was the best as far as the size of my suit and clothes!!!! This year was even better!

Have a ball on your trip. This new lifestyle is so worth it!!!!

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

Price S.
on 8/9/12 12:54 pm - Mills River, NC
What is your stage 4?  They are all different.  At 9 days, we were still on full liquids whi*****luded yogurt, jello, pudding, protein drinks, creamed soups. That was our phase 2.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

kesa85
on 8/9/12 1:18 pm - LA
RNY on 07/31/12
 Thats what i am at now but by the Time we move i will be Stage 4 i know i xan eat tuna and lean meat at this stage . My last stage would be 5 and is 6 weeks after surgery . 
Price S.
on 8/9/12 1:55 pm - Mills River, NC
So what is your stage 4.  I don't mean to be dense but they are ll different.  If you tell us soft food, mushies, whatever, we can be more help.

If you can have lean meat and tuna then, i would think a good idea would be a small ice chest with deli meats and cheese, plus your normal yogurt, protein, cottage cheese, etc.  You will probably be eating many "meals" a day, just not much at each "meal", like 1 piece of deli meat wrapped around a cheese stick.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

southernlady5464
on 8/9/12 1:54 pm
Put some tuna made up in the cooler as well...

But make sure you have PLENTY of fluid...it's extremely hot in the middle of SC this time of year. Too far from the mountains to get cooled off that way and too far from the ocean to take advantage of that.

I pack yogurt and cheese sticks for us but not sure if cheese is an option at that stage. I also pack protein powder and the blender bottles. I've seen Vitalady use plain old water bottles...she makes sure they are dry and then add the protein powder and put the cap on...when she is ready for one, she adds water and shakes as hard as she can...she can set up as many as she needs that way and if she isn't where she can wa**** out later...that's fine too.

Just make sure and pack spoons...I tend to forget those.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Roz !!!!
on 8/10/12 7:11 am - Butler, PA
Jerky is my #1 go to for trips.  Swanson's chicken in the can is super tender and easy for a road trip. I use a baby formula container for my Protein.  Mine has 4 sections and each section holds a scoop.  Almost anywhere you stop will give you ice and water.

Measure all of your foods so you don't over eat!  The last thing you want to do is get into the habit of overeating at meals.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 294 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 419 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 480 views
Still kickin'...