First vomiting expirence

kesa85
on 8/15/12 3:46 pm - LA
RNY on 07/31/12
 Today I had my first vomiting expirence I got me from burger king a grilled chicken sandwich of course I just ate the chicken no bun ;) I think I didn't chew my first bites well enough because I almost felt instantly the pressure on chest and needed to go to the bathroom . I waited a lil bit and tried again to see if it was the chicken my pouch didn't like or if I didn't chew right. Well the rest of the chicken was just fine so I guess it got stuck before ??? What do you think ?
Mama477
on 8/15/12 4:34 pm
Dry meatiest doesn't work for me -- especially chicken!!! Sorry that happened to you! Chew chew chew until it is mush and take tiny bites. I don't have a pouch just a tiny stomach.

I eat too fast every once in a while and that hurts too. Be careful.

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

Price S.
on 8/15/12 5:28 pm - Mills River, NC
bites should be the size of a pencil erraser, chewed until there is nothing there.  chicken is hard for lots of folks unless it is cooked really soft, like in a crock pot with soup or something.  Especailly in the beginning, you will do better packing food instead of trying to eat out.  I would suggest not trying anything for the first time while you are out.  Carry a small ice chest and you can bring cheese stick, yogurt, cottage cheese, deli meat, something that is easy to chew.  The longer you can stay away from fast food, the better off you will be.  Even if it is grilled chicken, the soduim and fat are higher than they would be if you cooked them at home.  Plus, fast food has been part of the whole weight issue for many folks and you want to use this time to build new healthy habits. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

dasie
on 8/16/12 4:31 am
Hope you are feeling better.

Roz !!!!
on 8/16/12 8:25 am - Butler, PA
Sorry you had to go through this!   Your tool is working....YEAH!!!!!!  If it's just a one time thing just slow down and chew enough but if it starts to happen often you might want to get checked out.

I had to go to the ER a couple of weeks ago because I could not get a piece of pork up all night long and I was so miserable. So it even happens  to those of us who are years out. 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

kesa85
on 8/16/12 9:08 am - LA
RNY on 07/31/12
 Oh no it was the first time and after I did tiny bites and chwed it really food it was fine . It wasn't too bad and I was actually a lil bit relieved lol since I didn't have any issues so far this showed me my tool is working ;)
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 292 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 419 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 478 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 498 views