I am a dumper

kesa85
on 8/26/12 2:18 pm - LA
RNY on 07/31/12
 Hey everyone sorry it took me a while to come back but we are still on the middle of our move . We are in south Carolina since 1 week and moving in our house Tuesday ;) today its pretty hot here and me and my husband got us some ice cream ( I totally forgot about the sugar ;() well after eating a few spoons I started to fell diffrent , sweating , nausea , weakness and a very fast heartbeat I knew the second it started it was dumping we drive home and I lay down on the bed in the hotel I had then a quit dierrhea ;( felling better now . I need advise now since I know  I am dumping. What is the max on carbs and sugar  I should eat ?
MajorMom
on 8/26/12 2:43 pm - VA
Try stretching about 50 or less carbs out over the day. Direct sugar with nothing else on your stomach can make anyone dump. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

kesa85
on 8/26/12 3:16 pm - LA
RNY on 07/31/12
Price S.
on 8/26/12 4:11 pm - Mills River, NC
I don't dump but if I eat enough of something sweet, I feel really bad with a heartbeat that I can feel all over my body.  Can't tell you how much because it has been from eating something homemade with real sugar so I have no clue.  I just know it is a horrible feeling and I certainly don't want to do it again.  I would just say stay away from sugar, period.  You are way early out to be eating sugar. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Kermit P.
on 8/26/12 5:59 pm
I was told to stay less than 20 carbs in a serving and less than 8 grams of sugar in a serving. I havent had more than 10 grams of sugar at a time. I agree with Price....just stay away. I look at all labels and if there is no label I do not eat it. My weight loss has been slow and I can only imagine what it wouldve been if I had explored sugar in the first year. Good luck...

~~Jennifer
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Jody ***
on 8/26/12 7:36 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
 I think I was told 7g/serving - and I was a dumper too.  

Just remember - it can be a GOOD thing!  Keeps you accountable and as a tool reminds you of what you should and shouldn't do.  

I also used to dump on fat...  

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Roz !!!!
on 8/27/12 7:16 am - Butler, PA
It might not seem like it now but like Jody said "Dumping is a GOD thing"!!   I stayed under 8 grams of sugar per serving.  I still dump but not as bad but I still look at the sugars before I eat something.  Sugar Alcholos make me dump too so don't be pulled if it says SF.

There are some ice creams I can eat and some I can't but either way I only take a few bites and never eat the cone because of the sugar in that.  Dairy Queen makes me dump but Brewsters doesn't. 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 292 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 419 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 478 views
Still kickin'...