Starting again...

LucysJourney
on 11/1/12 12:54 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Hey All, 

I am new to this site just like a lot of others.  I am 51 years old at 5' 3.5" and presently weigh in at 260 lbs.  I tried a year ago to have WLS (surgery schedule date was 11/21/11) and was unable to have the surgery due to a job change.  So here I am 1 year later and starting the process again.  I don't doubt I will be approved by my insurance for the WLS.  But in the year that past, I put back on the 20 lbs I lost for the first surgery (got down to 236) and I am now required to lose at least 20 of the pounds I put on.  I am sure I can do it...  This is only the 3rd day of trying to lose those 24 lbs.  I am miserable...all my muscles hurt from walking and going up and down the stairs at work during breaks (for extra aerobic burns).  I am eating all the right stuff so no problem there...just trying to be patient.  When I reach my goal I should be eligible (by my doctors standards) for surgery in Jan-Feb timeframe.  I wanted the WLS to be sooner...but I am ok with waiting...I know that I will only be healthier for it.

Thanks for listening...I just needed to vent I guess.

~~ Lucy

Candy V.
on 11/1/12 2:28 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Just wanted to wish you the best, the time will fly by-see you on the other side!  I started out with very similar stats and feel much better already after only 7 weeks post op.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

LucysJourney
on 11/1/12 3:04 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Thanks Candy,  I will certainly keep that in mind.

~~ Lucy

Roz !!!!
on 11/1/12 3:08 am - Butler, PA

Congrats on not giving up!!!!!  

I had  to do a 6 month program in order to be approved by by my insurance company and the time went fast.  I used that time to learn as much as I could about my surgery, protein, supplements, and getting to know my support group here on the LW Board. 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

LucysJourney
on 11/1/12 3:39 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Thanks Roz...I had to do the 6 months the first time (different Ins Co.) and your right that went fast.  I am sure this will as well.  I will just keep plugging along.

italianspice
on 11/1/12 9:27 pm - Eastlake, OH

Welcome aboard! I also got denied my first time but then it finally happened. Just keep reading and learning all you can.

It will be a great way to start off the new year!

~Maria

LucysJourney
on 11/1/12 10:33 pm - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Thanks Marie,

It wasn't that I got denied, I was actually approved with a surgery scheduled date of 11/21/12.  But then I received a call that told me I was wanted for a new position with a different company and they wanted me to start on 11/21/12.  So me of course, chose the new position instead of the surgery and therefore canceled the surgery.

I do believe this will be a great start to the new year.  Again thanks for the confidence boost.

Lucy

Lee ~
on 11/2/12 12:14 am - CA
Hang in there and stay focused on a surgery date. Everything is so much easier afterwards. You can do this!

Welcome back!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 303 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 490 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views