Long time no post!

seaview
on 12/22/12 11:32 pm

So it's Christmas and it's been awhile...I have not even seen the new format! Still 143 bouncing around. Doing lots of yoga and running which seems to be a really good combination for me. My food is pretty clean and then I have days where I eat  more carbs than I would like to and sugar...which actually makes me feel crummy...will I ever learn! I have been thinking about going Vegan for the past few months...I think it's possible if I just drink my protein shakes for extra protein and then subsist on vegetables, fruit, nuts and grains...It's a thought...at 52 I'm thinking about health and longer life....the thought of giving up meat is not bad but fish...LOVE TUNA...and the dairy? THat's hard too...but perhaps I will give it a try for a week in the new year...gotta keep changing and growing after all...all the Vegans I know say they feel wonderful...so....any of you out there? Have not forgotten you all just been lax in  posting and keeping in touch...New YEar's resolution number one....keep connected with WLS LW's...SEAVIEW

MajorMom
on 12/22/12 11:46 pm - VA

Hey there!  It's good to see you. 

If you want to give vegan try just keep an eye on your labs. You want to keep you protein near 7, albumin and prealbumin at the top of the range. I still do 120 grams of protein in shakes alone, so it can be done. Good luck and keep us posted.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Jody ***
on 12/23/12 12:10 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Hey - good to see you again!

I haven't gone Vegan, but have added a lot more fruits and veggies into my diet, and have replaced carby stuff with them.  

Go for it - keep your protein drinks and let us know how you are doing!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Price S.
on 12/23/12 5:36 am - Mills River, NC

Welcome back. 

My sister (not a WLS ) does vegan before 6, which is a diet I think you can google for more info.  She has been doing it for several years and loves it.  She did lose in the beginning but has just maintained lately.  Anyway, it seems to work for her. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 12/23/12 6:14 am

Welcome back.  I love my beef and doubt I could give that up.  Good luck if you decide to do it. 

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Kermit P.
on 12/23/12 8:37 am

I have missed your posts...so happy to read your update.  Sounds like you are doing well.

No suggestions as far as vegan...I could NEVER do it.  lol

Happy Holidays!!  

Jennifer

HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 416 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views