Happy New Year

seaview
on 1/1/13 1:10 am

So I always smirk when I see the "weight loss regrets" forum right above ours because I will NEVER go there...

Heading into three years with VSG and cannot for the life of me think of one regret except that I did not do this sooner.

Went outdoor rock climbing with my 18 year old yesterday....if this is 52 I cannot wait for the rest of my life...my weight is

anywhere from 141 to 145...bouncing bouncing but has maintained..not without WORK to any of you out there who think it's easy..most of you  know what I mean...discipline and excercise...good decisions...but the pay offs are beyond belief...I have to say my life has changed and I have changed and it's all good...This surgery was by far the scariest thing I have ever done but also the one thing I did ENTIRELY for myself and for the first time ever....no one can truly understand the pain I was in struggling with the food and the obesity...anyhow wishing you all a happy new year and NSV's....SEAVIEW

Roz !!!!
on 1/1/13 1:31 am - Butler, PA

It's great to hear from you! We always wonder how our LW's are doing that haven't posted for awhile. It sounds like you have done an Awesome job maintaining! 

I don't know anything about the regret board because I never stray away from the LW's plus like you, my only regret is not having it done when I was younger.

We would love it if you stopped in occasionally!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Jody ***
on 1/1/13 3:53 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

I've visited the Regret board a few times.  What I found is people who have the regrets are the ones who don't want to stop eating.  There may be a few that have had severe medical issues, but for the most part it's those mourning food.

I didn't mourn food - I never regretted my decision.  I can only imagine where I'd be right now if I didn't have this life saving surgery.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

lerkhart
on 1/1/13 4:51 am

Hi, you have been missed on here!!  Glad you are doing so good.  I have never regretted my decision either.

It is work and you really have to make lifetime changes for the rest of our lives to be successful, but so worth it.  I have never felt better and enjoy being active and doing things I would never have been able to do before WLS.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 1/1/13 7:24 am - Mills River, NC

welcome back. 

yep, no regrets here at all.  It is work to keep the weight under control but at least now we have a chance.  I certainly didn't feel like I did before.

And I have my life back.  broken heart

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Kermit P.
on 1/1/13 9:03 am

I have always enjoyed your posts Seaview and one of the reasons is I know how hard you have worked to maintain your weight.  Glad all is going well with you....good luck in this coming year and keep posting!

~~Jennifer

HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 416 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 476 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views