Starting my Vitamins...

LucysJourney
on 1/18/13 3:19 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

OK this one is a toughie for me.  I thought I was being smart and bought my two bottles for one price of the CVS version of Centrim and some Calcium Citrate...couldn't get the D3 because all they had was the squishy capsule form...so I will have to find another source for that..Any way what is tough is I bought these in the caplet/pill form and bought myself a crusher...well the crusher works awesome...but how to swallow the powder...so far I have gagged on water, watered down unsweetened fruit juices...so I think my next try will be unsweetened applesauce...but I think I should try the applesauce first to make sure that works...I have already had LF cottage cheese pulverized by my Magic Bullet and that seems to go down just fine...

So any suggestions to mix my powder multi and then later my powder calcium in would be appreciated.  Thanks all

~~ Lucy

Price S.
on 1/18/13 6:11 am, edited 1/18/13 6:12 am - Mills River, NC

I use the chewable generic centrum from CVS and I just swallow the calcuim although I do also use chewable calcuim.  We give clients pills in applesauce.  That may work.  I was swallowing pills from the beginning of other things too.  My dr said that was fine as long as it didn't bother you.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

LucysJourney
on 1/18/13 10:25 pm - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Oh Yuck...I just tried the multi in applesauce...it was plain nasty and I can't get past it.  I will be going back to CVS to get chewables....I hope...if they don't have them, then I will order them.

I am scared to try swallowing pills.  I never had problems with pills before...even the big horse pill multi I used to take...I think I will hold off for a month before trying to swallow pills.

~~ Lucy

MajorMom
on 1/18/13 6:26 am - VA

I just cut horse pills in half, never crushed. You can dissolve your calcium citrate in a little water and ,mix it with your protein shake--it has no nasty flavor like a multi. You might check Vitamin Shoppe if you don't want to order from Vitalady for your dry D3. My son gets dry D3 from Vitamin Shoppe and they carry 5,000 IUs in small dry tablets.

I order everything from Vitalady and do my best to get everything in capsules. It's more like taking your pills crushed without the taste.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!