Plugged up no more...thank you MoM

LucysJourney
on 1/27/13 8:02 pm - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Hey All,  MoM worked great...I took only 1 dose and within a few hours my stomach was rumbling something awful...I must have had a real plug because it took about 5 hours before I could make any movements.  And boy did it hurt...better this AM tho...I just had what I would at this point consider a nice creamy movement and it so felt good...

Well enough of poop....lol

Thanks to all who gave me their two cents worth...you are so appreciated.  btw I have Mirilax in my morning coffee today...and another dose in my evening coffee..

~~ Lucy

southernlady5464
on 1/27/13 8:49 pm

YEAH...glad to hear that you found a fix.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Michelle H.
on 1/27/13 10:04 pm
DS on 01/16/13

I've used MoM three times in the last week. (12 days post op) I am sure it is just that I am not getting fat in my diet. I'm glad you are no longer constipated.  I am also taking 2 stool softner pills a day. (that has always worked to keep me normal) but it isn't doing much for me now.

Price S.
on 1/27/13 10:23 pm - Mills River, NC

Find a routine that works for you and stick to it.  Benefiber usually is great for me but when I had my knee surgery and was on pain meds, I had to go back to Miralax.  I like the idea of stool softners but they haven't helped at all.  These days I have pretty much fiber in my kale in the morning and veggies / fruit (very little) but I still need the help of daily benefiber.  I alway use the generic to save some $$$.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 1/28/13 12:53 am - Butler, PA

I'm so glad you got it helped!  Being constipated is a miserable feeling .Hopefully you can figure out what works for you so you can stay fairly regular.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

rbb825
on 1/29/13 1:40 am - Suffern, NY

I am so glad it worked for you. MOM  is the first line of defense my surgeon told us to use if we ever get constipated.  It was actually in our handbook we got prior to surgery.  We were told to use MOM first if we ever go 2 days with no BM and if that doesnt work, to get some Dulcolax suppositories and then the final step is to use a fleet enema.  For me, the first 2 years I was more regular than I ever was - after drinking my protein shake - I would go within 30 minutes - it was great.  Then at 2 years - it changed and I had to use all that I listed above - and I ended up with a bowel obstruction. I am not going to go into all the details now but it was bad.  Nothing worked 

Now to prevent any of that to happen again = my told me if I feel any constipation coming on to use Peri-colace 2 at bedtime and Sennakot = 2 tablets at bedtime. Luckily, I havent needed to use any of this, but if I do = I have it all on hand.                                                

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views