I think I am over extended....

LucysJourney
on 2/8/13 12:49 am, edited 2/8/13 12:51 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Hey All,  Just checking in...I am close to 4 weeks out and this is my first full week back at work.  Work still isn't great...but...well we do what we have to right??  Of course on top of that, life ha**** again.  Dad had knee replacement surgery this past Monday in the town over from us (45 minutes away) and of course my Mom has never learned to drive so we all have been pitching in a bit to get her back and forth.  Long story short I have always been the really only dependable child in the family...and apparently I still am.  So I have been working, driving, cooking, driving...working...on and on...and I am feeling a bit worn out.  Good news is Dad has been transferred to the "in town" Rehab center so the driving should be cut way down.  I was supposed to work again tomorrow (Sat.) but I just called and canceled...well not canceled...just pushed it off till Sunday...

So tomorrow I will get to spend my time doing mostly what I want to do...whi*****ludes sleeping in till 8 am at least...

Oh and yea...I get to start soft foods on Monday...can't wait...I am working up a week's menu in my head and will try to get it down on paper so I can make sure I have all the shopping done...and prepare as much as I can in advance so I just have some reheats...it won't be really easy just yet because there will be new food introduced and I will have to make sure that I can tolerate...wouldn't want to make a big batch of something I can't eat well...ya know??? 

Anyway...TGIF

ps. Did I mention today is my Son's B-Day;  Next week is my husband's B-day;  and the week after that is my Daughter's B-day???  Lots of shopping involved....uuuhhhggg...I am worn out just thinking about it...

~~ Lucy

MajorMom
on 2/8/13 12:54 am - VA

Well, I'm exhausted for you. Take care and don't try to be superwoman. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

LucysJourney
on 2/8/13 1:06 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Thanks Gina...I think I have just hung up my cape...lol  I am going to lunch...by myself...for myself...

~~ Lucy

Price S.
on 2/8/13 1:23 am - Mills River, NC

I was 6 weeks out when I went to volunteer at WEG, World Equestrian Games.  The volunteering was all day, be there at 7am, done at 5, then getting back to the motel.  I was asleep at 8 each day, absoluetly exhasted.  You are doing amazing to only be a month out.  Be sure you get your rest when you can and keep up the good eating routines.  I know my energy returned about the same time my D level got up where it needed to be. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

LucysJourney
on 2/8/13 1:54 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

I was kind of wondering about my D levels....pre-surgery I was taking 50000 once a week in one of those little green rubber looking pills.  Post surgery I am only getting D in my calcium...do you think I should start taking another form of vit D?  If yes, what form would be the first choice...I think I remember reading something about sublingual...I haven't seen any of this form in the drug stores...I have seen the dry form...

Please let me know what you think?

~~ Lucy

Ladytazz
on 2/8/13 2:06 am

Vitalady.com has the D you need, dry D in 50,000.  Take that daily until your levels are where you want and then cut back to 3 or 4 times a week and keep checking until you are able to maintain at a good level.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

LucysJourney
on 2/8/13 3:25 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Thanks Tazz...I will be checking what my level was prior to surgery...and I am thinking I will be needing to order some Vit D...to be clear when you say dry D that means it isn't encapsulated inside a little rubber looking pill right? That it is more like a hard packed powder form or something?  A pill form that can be swallowed? 

~~ Lucy

Price S.
on 2/8/13 2:32 am - Mills River, NC

What Tazz said.

What were your levels before?  I think I was at 29 or something horrible like that.  I did Vitaladies 50,000 for several months, then 3x a week.  Now I do one a week and 5000 every other day.  YOu want your level to be around 80-100.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

LucysJourney
on 2/8/13 3:22 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

At this moment I am not sure what my level was prior to surgery...I had my annual blood work done back in Oct.  I will look it up tonight when I get home and let you know.

~~ Lucy

Roz !!!!
on 2/8/13 3:13 am - Butler, PA

You made me tired just reading your to do list. Congrats on starting soft foods.  My favorite was ham and bean soup.  Are you getting in your Proteins?  Getting some better foods in your diet should give you some energy too.

Don't forget to rest!!! 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...