NSV...out to dinner for the first time after WLS...

LucysJourney
on 2/24/13 11:03 pm - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

I think I did really well... there were 6 of us crammed in a booth.  First thing the waiter asked was what would I like to drink...you would all be so proud of me...without a blink of an eye I ordered a water with lemon (I new I wouldn't drink it and the best thing is it was at no charge).  Then when it was time to look at the menu...I went straight for the Grilled Salmon...My two side dishes I ordered grilled skewered mixed veggies (tomatoes/mushrooms/squash/onion) and grilled skewered Portobello mushrooms.  I only ate two small mushrooms and two small (insides only) squash, and a slice of one tomato (minus seeds) along with 1 oz of my 4 oz salmon.  I ate right along with everyone else and no one even noticed my small bites...by long chewing sessions..or the amount of food I put into the "to go" box.

My Mom ate everything except 1 oz of the leftover Salmon when I got home, and I had that for lunch the next day.  It all went so smoothly...and I didn't feel deprived at all.  I did laugh a but as I noticed I was the only one talking without food in my mouth...lol...

~~ Lucy

Roz !!!!
on 2/24/13 11:32 pm - Butler, PA

Good for you!!!!!  We eat out a lot with our DD's and I still struggle sometimes.

Rarely do I order from the dinner menu.  It costs way to much for the little bit  I eat.  I go straight to the appetizer menu usually.  A grilled shrimp skewer is a regular thing I order because you usually only get 5 or 6 and they go down easy.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

LucysJourney
on 2/24/13 11:43 pm - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

I will have to remember that...I think most times if it is just me and my hubby I can just order an extra plate and eat off of his plate...but I will remember to check out the appetizer menu first...thanks Roz

~~ Lucy

Roz !!!!
on 2/24/13 11:47 pm - Butler, PA

LOL....I wrote that too and then I deleted it. 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Missirenee
on 2/25/13 12:47 am - Orient, OH
RNY on 01/28/13

I am 4 weeks post-op today, and have been out to eat several times. Like you, I go for the salmon. We went to Cracker Barrel the other day for brunch and they scrambled me 2 eggs. The were very nice about it. My other go-to is the shrimp skewer. Like Roz said, good protein, and just the right amount. Of course, there are tons of leftovers to my meal, which family loves.

~Missy~

I would rather live my life believing there is a God, and die to find out there's not, than to live my life as if there were no God, and die to find out there is ~ source unknown ~ 

Price S.
on 2/25/13 1:45 am - Mills River, NC

We went out last night to a new place, but they had the menu on line.  I have a little more flexability because I CAN eat anything, just chose not to mostly.  I had a cup of soup, a fish filet and cole slaw, all from extras menu.  I was able to do it all except DH helped with the cole slaw.  Mostly I order and bring stuff home.  I love leftovers.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

LucysJourney
on 2/25/13 2:08 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

lol...Apparently my Mom loves leftovers too...lol  I have a feeling I will have lots of leftovers in my future...but that's ok...cause there is always lunch the next day...

~~ Lucy

singdoremi
on 2/25/13 7:27 am - NJ
An inspiration to those of us waiting!

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

daniparis
on 2/25/13 8:05 am - Richardson, TX

I'm Lucky...My Sig. Other has also been sleeved...We take turns picking what to order and we share. We usually still have leftovers to take home and can get 2-4 meals out of 1 regular restaurant portion.

We are a couple of cheap dates :)

Linda B.
on 2/25/13 12:27 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Mt DH also has a sleeve. We share stuff and have leftovers when we go out most of the time. We order water too, we just don't drink it. We have figured out if we don't order water, the servers just keep asking us if we want something to drink.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 429 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views