Playing in the dirt and sun

LucysJourney
on 3/10/13 6:33 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

I have officially played in the dirt...I cleaned out my two front flower beds and my perennials are just starting to break the soil...so I helped them along by breaking up the surrounding soil, then I gave them some grow grow juice (Miracle Grow).  Then last but not least...a nice even layer of mulch. 

My butt is sore, my thighs are sore...my hands, arms and shoulders are all sore...

Oh BUT IT FEELS Good.

~~ Lucy

southernlady5464
on 3/10/13 7:04 am

Yes, it does feel good!

I don't play in the dirt here cause

1) too many damned trees

2) the yard is a disaster...no grass just a few cleared spots and LOTS of undergrowth and poison ivy.

3) we are moving late summer so I'm not wasting time on THIS yard.

However, we are working on a renovation...had to tear up the upstairs bath down to studs and joists to get rid of the mold. Putting it back now. So I do understand using muscles you don't normally use.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

LucysJourney
on 3/10/13 7:34 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

The upstairs bathroom is one of the major things on our "To Do" list, along with our downstairs bath.  Hubby and I went to Lowes today to check out their walk in showers for the downstairs bath.  This is the bath that my Mom and Dad use and they are having so many issues getting in and out of the tub anymore...I am pretty sure we are close to starting that remodel...ugh....{{sigh}} Have to do it tho...

~~ Lucy

southernlady5464
on 3/10/13 7:40 am

We are doing a four piece shower...the shower pan and three sides. The original up there was a 32 x 32 all one piece. This new one is slightly bigger...36 x 36. We can't do an all in one piece unless it's a 32 x 32...nothing else will fit upstairs in one piece. Anyway, we finally got the sub floor level, put a hole in the sub floor for the drain and got the plumbing ready for the pex to relocate the vanity. Where it was was a very small 12 inch sink between the shower and the toilet. Since the toilet isn't being relocated, we are moving the vanity to a different wall. We shortened the width of the full closet in there. We took out about 5 inches to add to the main room.

We have found out there is not a level surface IN the place and nothing is 90 degrees square.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

LucysJourney
on 3/10/13 10:33 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

That house sounds like my house...100+ years old...not a plumb wall or a level floor.  No studs are where they are supposed to be...but it has such character...and it was the house I was born in...well where my parents lived when I was born.  It is also the house my father was born in.

~~ Lucy

southernlady5464
on 3/10/13 10:43 am

This one is 70+ years old. The outside looks far more modern than the inside actually is. The ONLY floors in the house not 3/4 inch oak is the downstairs bath, half of the upstairs bath (we lost half of it to rot), the kitchen (altho I suspect it is hardwood UNDER the bad linoleum, and the foyer which is a reasonably new addition.

I do like features of the house but it has far more wrong with it than we could ever fix. Reminds me of the movie, "The Money Pit".

Liz

Candy V.
on 3/10/13 12:19 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Sounds wonderful, I cant wait for it to thaw up here!

Stretch and take a hot bath for those muscles.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

lerkhart
on 3/11/13 1:46 am

Congratulations - sounds like you had a wonderful time.  I still don't like yard work, but I do like to be outside more than I used to!!

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 429 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views