2nd Day on the "New" job....

LucysJourney
on 3/19/13 4:03 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Hey All,  I have officially started my new job...and I LOVE IT...ok so my drive kinda sucks...45 minutes one way...but the job is fantastic...and I may eventually move closer (2-5 years down the road). 

Anyway...today is my second day on the job and I drove off to work this AM without my whole eating bag...I HAVE NOTHING...

But...did I hit the local fast foods (of which there are a bunch of them around here)...NO I DID NOT...I was a good girl and went straight to the local WalMart and bought myself a Shaker Bottle...a Tub of Vanilla Protein Powder.  A single serving of 0% Fat and 0% flavor Greek Yogurt a small bottle of SF Vanilla flavoring, two cans of Tuna (in water) and a small bag of Whole Natural Almonds.  So I ate my flavored Greek Yogurt and 12 almonds...and I am good to go.

Now I have all the emergency food items handy in case I "forget" my breakfast/lunch/and late afternoon snack...AGAIN...lol

I am so proud of me.

~~ Lucy

Price S.
on 3/19/13 4:29 am - Mills River, NC

sounds like you made good decisions and now you have your "reserve".  I have and we all basically have done the same thing from time to time.  You just make the best of it and go on.  Helps you remember the next time.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

LucysJourney
on 3/19/13 9:06 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

This was one of my fears I talked to my Hubby about before taking the job so far away from my food stash at home...duh...all my food stash is bought at a store....and those stores are everywhere....

And your right I don't think I will be forgetting again any time soon.

~~ Lucy

Jody ***
on 3/19/13 5:26 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Good for you on making the right choices!  Forgetting your lunch happens, but you did a great job in resisting the fast foods. 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

LucysJourney
on 3/19/13 9:07 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Thanks Jody...it was empowering...

~~ Lucy

lerkhart
on 3/19/13 10:54 am

Way to go making great choices!!

I actually have extra blender bottles, protein powder and extra calcium at work because I was always forgetting them..

Glad you love your new job.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
LucysJourney
on 3/20/13 7:59 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Thanks Linda...I am thankful I have friends like you to cheer me on.

~~ Lucy

Candy V.
on 3/20/13 5:09 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I am proud of you too!!  Great recovery.  I keep stuff in my office for just such occasions.  I also have a long commute and keep a stash in my desk :) and premade premier protein shakes in my car.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

LucysJourney
on 3/20/13 8:02 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

The Premier shakes you keep in your car...do you drink them as is?  Or are they just in case...and you stick them in the fridge when you get to work?   I keep bottled water (by the case) in the back of my Jeep....that way I know I can always hydrate...and I keep a scoop of Strawberry protein powder in a small container in my lunch box...which is really a giant tote bag...along with a shaker bottle...just in case...

~~ Lucy

Candy V.
on 3/21/13 2:56 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Yes, I drink them. Just grab and drink, cause here in Michigan they are as cold or colder than the fridge being in my garage :)    I also keep a case of them in the fridge at work and when it warms up I will take the ones out of the car because I cant drink them warm. devil  I also keep a case of propel water in my car.  That will stay year round, while it is better cold it is ok warmer.  I have protein powder and a mini blender at work, but I get lazy and always drink the premade easy ones. lol

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views