First day of unemployment

jashley
on 4/16/13 12:40 pm
DS on 12/19/12

And so looking forward to it.  3 years with a crazy, OCD, abusive owner was enough.  I've saved, planned, and plotted my escape - and my pod launched this week.  I'm secretly hoping I don't find a job till the summer is over...

So I woke up with very high hopes for the day.  But I had this very painful gas stuck in my intestines - and the whole day was spent in the bathroom or on the couch.  Even the dog was disappointed with how the day was progressing.  At least I didn't have to call in sick. 

For the life of me, I could not pin point what I ate that caused such explosive oil slicks and gas.  For this kind of misery, I should have had pasta with garlic bread... yea, and a glass of wine with dinner... and... then real ice cream!

Ever have a severe reaction to something and can't figure out what caused it? 

MrsLitch
on 4/16/13 4:02 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Sorry you had a rough day. Hope you feel better and can enjoy Wednesday better!

I am leaving my job and moving to Florida in July and honestly I can't wait to be unemployed after  the last year at my job. Mind you I'm scared to death about finding work there but for my own mental health staying at this job is not an option!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

jashley
on 4/17/13 12:19 am
DS on 12/19/12

Good for you!  The jobs are out there, it just takes more work to get one.

Glad you are making a decision to change.  After all, we only pass this way once. 

MrsLitch
on 4/17/13 10:29 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I agree. Life happens once and I'll be darned if I live it miserable! I did enough of that as a MO person, This surgery and the weight loss and healthy feeling seems to have empowered me, I won't be anyone's doormat again.

I told my hubby I'd rather be poor and struggling with a beach nearby, I'm sure it will work out. We are going with one years rent/utilities in the savings so I'm not as scared as I would be without the planning.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

italianspice
on 4/16/13 9:14 pm - Eastlake, OH

Sorry you had such a rough day. Maybe you just had a very physical reaction to letting go that kind of stress.  Hope you are feeling better today.

Have a great day and enjoy your time off.

~Maria

jashley
on 4/17/13 12:25 am
DS on 12/19/12

Maybe my bowels are relaxing before the rest of me...  Could be.

I have been taking Calcium like crazy to stop the diarrhea.  I start a back packing class tonight, so either the calcium kicks in or I need a cork. 

Thanks for the well wishes.

Price S.
on 4/17/13 1:43 am - Mills River, NC

Hope you are feeling better soon and can enjoy your time off. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Lauren B.
on 4/17/13 4:48 am - Suffolk County, NY

Hi there,

I've been unemployed for about eight months now. I didn't look for a job at first, I felt like I needed to recover from the former job that just wasn't a fit. Money is tight now and I'm getting nervous. But I dont regret leaving my previous job.

Good for you!! I moved across country to (Philadelphia to Denver)

RNY 8/27/09 SW: 250 LW: 170 CW: 175 On the right path again!!!  

35 pounds of regain!!! 30 lost!!! Just a little more to go.

jashley
on 4/17/13 6:27 am
DS on 12/19/12

Thank goodness you had the courage to do what you needed to do. 

A job takes up so much of our day.  The best hours we have.  So it isn't worth spending at least 9 hours a day in a poisonous environment.

You'll find your job.  It will be a lot better then the one you had. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 293 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 419 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 479 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 498 views