Have you used Carbquik?

jashley
on 4/19/13 11:39 am
DS on 12/19/12

I've seen lots of recipes using CarbQuik.  I saw a lemon scone recipe that sounded really nice with tea.  Each scone will have 16 carbs each. 

Will I have a reaction to eating one of these?  Will they cause gas and frequent trips to the bathroom?

I realize I am probably not getting in enough calories and my body is in starvation mode.  Looking for things to add to my menu.

Price S.
on 4/19/13 12:18 pm - Mills River, NC

Linda uses it all the time and I just ordered that and the flour from the same company from Netrinics (sp).  I can't wait to try it.  I am ready for some new stuff. 

Wish I could say I needed to add more calories.  With your DS, are you sure you don't need more fat?  I am very jealous of the fat you guys can eat and not gain weight.  I could easily add a few tablespoons of peanut butter each day and add calories but that isn't what I NEED to do. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

jashley
on 4/19/13 12:55 pm
DS on 12/19/12

I add fat to my protein shakes.  Then my digestion system went south so I've cut the fat out.  Then I stopped eating protein.  Just have not felt well this week.

But I noticed that after not eating any thing all week, I have not lost any weight.  So I thought I must be in starvation mode. 

I logged what I ate today into Myfitplan and will continue to track that every day for a while.  Maybe I will be surprised how much food I do eat on a regular basis.

MrsLitch
on 4/19/13 1:53 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
You've got to get your protein in or your going to start feeling worse.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

jashley
on 4/19/13 3:04 pm
DS on 12/19/12

I should have been clearer.  I do 120 gms of protein shakes per day.  But I did stop eating this week, hoping to clean out my system.

lerkhart
on 4/19/13 12:42 pm

I use it all the time and really enjoy having some type of bread back in my diet.  I think it is only like 2 net carbs.

It kind of has a funny bitter taste to begin with but once you get used to it, I can hardly taste it now.  Kind of like getting used to splenda or sweet and low after using sugar.

You probably will not be able to eat an entire one, but you could eat part of one.  They are kind of heavy so take it slow to begin with.  I don't know how you would react with a DS.  They don't cause me gas with RNY.  It depends on what you put in them.  I made the Carbquik Cheddar buns with no problems.  I saw a recipe tonight for a scone and might try it this weekend.

Here is a website that has lots of recipes for Carbquik.

http://www.tovaindustries.com/carbalose/recipe.php

I also substitute carbquik in lots of recipes that call for flour.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 291 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 417 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 477 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 497 views