Good Morning. Post your favorite protein shake and protein coffee concoctions

MajorMom
on 4/22/13 6:58 pm - VA

I noticed that we had a request for a protein coffee recipe in Saturday's Menus & Miles but with OH not sending out email alerts to responses, I thought it might have been missed. Anyway, how about posting your favorite protein concoctions today?  broken heart

Protein Coffee
brew a pot of your favorite coffee - we like chocolate raspberry (you can also brew chai tea and use in place of coffee)

In a 20 oz blender bottle with wire ball, add 2 oz of heavy whipping cream and 2 oz of cool water, or 4 oz of half & half, a packet of Truvia or Splenda, a couple of dashes of cinnamon, and a heaping scoop of Syntrax Nectar vanilla protein powder.
Shake about 5 seconds to blend
Pour the protein slurry into a huge mug and fill to the top with coffee
Sir to blend and enjoy! 

If you are watching your fat grams, substitute unsweetened soy or skim milk.

Always add hot liquid to cold protein slurry to keep the protein from clumping. 

Always check the ingredients of a protein powder before you buy it to ensure the first ingredient listed is whey protein isolate. Don't trust the splashy label on the front.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 4/22/13 9:37 pm - Mills River, NC

I love your heavy cream and half and half but for those of us with something other than DS, it is ok to use water too enlightened

Protein decaf - brew a pot of decaf.  Mix 1.5 scoop of protein powder into about 3/4c of warm water with a spoon.  Most mixes easily with a spoon into the warm water.  Use that for creamer in your coffee.  I use chocolate, vanilla and mint cookie as the protein but chocolate carmel works well too. 

Lemon tea - In the largest possible blender bottle, 30oz I think, I add about a cup of water, 1 crystal light or generic mango peach and 1/2-1 scoop of Syntrax lemon tea.  Early out I needed the whole scoop but these days I can get more of my protein from food so I do a 1/2 scoop.  Mix with a spoon, add ice, slowly add water.  doing it this way eleminates the foam so many folks object to.  I sometimes use peach tea crystal light or caribean cooler protein.  Experiment with the various combinations.

Protein shake - 8 oz water in the little blender, 1.5 scoop of protein, 9 ice cubes.  add water, protein, blend, then add ice and blend until you can't hear the ice hitting the blades.  Some protein is thicker and makes better shakes than others but these amounts give you a good consistancy most of the time.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Lauren B.
on 4/22/13 10:33 pm - Suffolk County, NY

Good morning ladies,

I just drink straight protein shakes, but I make just the right size everytime. enlightened

Pure Protein Chocolate Frosty
8oz of cool water and 1 scoop of powder. Blend a bit in a blender. Add 6 ice cubes and blend in a blender until the ice is crushed. Makes a frothy shake that fits in a normal size glass.

RNY 8/27/09 SW: 250 LW: 170 CW: 175 On the right path again!!!  

35 pounds of regain!!! 30 lost!!! Just a little more to go.

jashley
on 4/23/13 2:36 am, edited 4/23/13 6:29 am
DS on 12/19/12

If I have a protein powder I am not fond of - and I always seem to have a tub of that around - then I make my Use It Up Shake 1 or Use It Up Shake 2.

Use It Up Shake 1
1 or 2 scoops of offending protein powder in shaker ball glass
1 cup water
Put the top on and mix the powder with water to get a slurry.
Add 1/2 Cup-1 Cup of plain Greek yogurt
Add more water if needed to fill the cup to 1 inch of top.
Put your lid on, and rock it.  On weekends, I put this in the blender with a banana.
Adding plain Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt) cuts extreme sweet or harsh tastes.  I use this when I hate a powder's taste.

Use It Up Shake 2
1 scoop of offending protein powder in shaker ball glass
1 scoop of vanilla powder - which I never like on it's own, but it mellows other offending tastes.
2 oz of half N half, or heavy cream
Put the lid on and shake.

Candy V.
on 4/23/13 3:45 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I have been taking the easy way - I buy premade Premier protein shakes from Sams club.  Refrigerate, shake and drink.  EASY

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

singdoremi
on 4/23/13 5:43 am - NJ

Thanks so much for posting this! I have copied and pasted everyone's "recipes" and intend to use them. June 4th will be here before I know it!

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

lerkhart
on 4/23/13 6:13 am

Here are the ones I use.

Protein Decaf Coffee - Brew my cup of Keurig Decaf Coffee in a 20 oz coffee travel mug add 1 tsp of splenda.  In a measuring cup - pour 1/2 cup of Hood Calorie Count Down Milk, pour in 1 scoop of Syntrax Nectar Cappuccino Protein Powder mix until protein is dissolved.  Pour protein milk mixture into hot coffee and stir.

Lemon Tea Protein Drink - 20 ounce bottle of water, put 1 Crystal Lite Lemon Tea tube in the water and shake until mixed thoroughly.  Pour some into a 20 oz blender bottle put 1 scoop of Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea Protein Powder and mix until protein powder is dissolved.  If you put the ball in and shake it - you will have lots of foam - if you just stir until dissolved you will not have as much foam.  After protein is dissolved put the wire ball in and add crushed ice.  Pour the rest of the bottle of water/lemon tea over this, put top on and gently shake until mixed.

Protein Hot Chocolate -  In a very large coffee mug(will hold 20 ozs) put 1 cup of Hood Calorie Count down Milk, 1/2 cup of water, microwave until very hot but not boiling mine takes 2 1/2 minutes on high.  In a cup measuring cup pour 1/2 cup of the milk and add 1 packet of Diet Swiss Miss Hot Chocoalte and 1/2 scoop(or a full scoop) of Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle Protein Powder and mix until both are dissolved.  Pour this mixture into the hot milk.  If the milk/water is too hot it will boil out and make a mess.

Protein Chocolate Milk Shake - I use my Magic Bullet for this.  In one of the glasses for the magic bullet add 1 cup of Hood Calorie Count Down Milk(or whatever you use), add 1 scoop of Chocolate Protein Powder(I use Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle, add several squirts of Sugar Free German Chocolate Syrup(or the kind you like)  add crushed ice and mix until it is the thickness of a milkshake.  Great for hot days.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
MrsLitch
on 4/23/13 9:47 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I'm boring I just drink regular protein shakes. My fave though is Celebrate ENS chocolate or Vanilla cake batter. I like it because I get one multi vitamin in that way as well without chewing a pill (I"ve never been able to swallow pills even pre op) so that is important to me. However I don't like it mixed per their instructions. They suggest 8 oz of water, I don't like the texture or the taste that way and found that if I mix it with 12 oz of water it tastes just right to me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

italianspice
on 4/23/13 11:46 am - Eastlake, OH

I love strong coffee added to a slurry of lactose free milk with cinnamon swirl protein, I will also add pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon to the grounds before brewing if I want to change things up a bit.

One of my favorite protein shakes is vanilla protein powder, 8 oz water, crystal light orange stick and a snack pack cup of pineapple with the juice blended with some ice cubes. Not too bad with peaches either instead of the pineapple for that fuzzy navel feel.

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Price S.
on 4/23/13 11:55 am - Mills River, NC

That vanilla sounds great.  I use my vanilla in protein coffee but don't particularly like vanilla shakes.  But that sounds like I would like it.  Thanks

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 312 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 436 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 499 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 521 views