The scale does not lie!

seaview
on 5/10/13 3:37 am, edited 5/10/13 3:37 am

I have to post this for myself. I know we all talk about the scale and how when you reach goal you "bounce" back and then there's the whole issue of muscle weighing more than fat...and how it's about how your clothes fit and all of that...but I know for me I can fool myself into thinking that those things apply to me...but the bottom line is I feel it on me... I see it sometimes when I'm being honnest and for most of us who are not body builders or seriously training...the scale tells the truth...and when it creeps up it's not a good thing...so I got five on me that are not acceptable...so that's my work cut out for me...and I lift weights..run and train...but no matter I have still legitimately gained those five pounds so off they go...SEAVIEW... I realize this is controversial but I welcome the feedback..

italianspice
on 5/10/13 5:37 am - Eastlake, OH

I see the scale as another tool in our arsenal. I know the scale can fluctuate, but I do know how my clothes fit and how I feel. I just need to keep all things in perspective. Especially since I chose to ignore the scale and the rules. Regain is my reality, but am aware and working on it.

I think I now will adopt the 5 pound rule.

Thanks!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Price S.
on 5/10/13 6:45 am - Mills River, NC

the scale doesn't lie but it sure does bounce.  there are so many things that can make it go up and down, it makes me dizzy.  I guess I have to use it as a gauge, along with other gauges.  How my clothes fit, how I feel,  Water weight, carb bloat, all of those can affect how I feel and how my clothes fit as much as the extra weight. 

I would like to lose 5 also.  I guess there are several of us in the same boat. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

loverofcats
on 5/10/13 1:27 pm

Back in January, my range in weight started increasing and I started wondering, if it was bounce back weight. When my pants were becoming too snug, I couldn't say it was muscle weight, nor could I say it was bounce back weight. I took a close look at my food logging and diet. I started cutting some things out and put other things back into my diet. I also completely revamped my exercise routine and increased the frequency and intensity. I got back to exercising on a regular basis.

it has been slow going, but since the end of January, I lost the 4-5 lbs that had crept on, plus another 1-1.5 lbs. For the past three days, I have hit a weight that I have never seen. It has taken clean eating, weight training, cardio, and food logging. 

Like you, I told myself that gaining weight was unacceptable and I would do everything that I could do, to stop it. So far, it seems to be working. I don't do extremely low carb, and I have been able to lose the weight slowly. Some weeks, the decrease was literally ounces. Even more than the number on the scale , my clothes are fitting me differently, so I know I have reduced my body fat.

With your determination, you will be able to get off the five pounds. You are taller, so you may have an easier time than I did. I am vertically challenged at 4'11.

nice to know that we have some control over this.

gail

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

MacMadame
on 5/10/13 2:29 pm - Northern, CA

Well the scale measure our mass -- how much gravity pulls against us. So in that sense, it does not lie. But it doesn't measure how fit I am or even how good I look. I have been all sorts of weights in the past 4 years and knowing my weight would not tell you how i looked. In fact, I wrote a blog post about complete with pictures:

http://fattyfightsback.blogspot.com/2013/04/this-is-what-nor mal-bmi-looks-like.html

When you look at the pictures you can see that I've been 125 and pudgy and 125 and ripped. So I can't get too excited about the actual number. I get excited about how my clothes fit and how I look in the mirror and I use the number to support my other data points.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 417 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 477 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views