How did you moms handle family meals...

singdoremi
on 6/11/13 9:02 am - NJ
the first few weeks? I love my husband and he does his best, but the first 5 days the kids and he ate out. Expensive and not healthy. I sent him out for a Costco rotisserie chicken and put in shopping order online that he picked up. So I have prepared 3 dinners for them, but the smells are maddening, and delicious, and nauseating at the same time. As soon as dinner was ready, I high tailed out of the kitchen!

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

Price S.
on 6/11/13 9:13 am - Mills River, NC

It was just me and DH except on the weekends when DS comes home.  I wasn't interested in food for a long time and although everything smelled good, I could have cared less to actually eat it.  So in the very beginning, I did very little cooking (I actually still do very little).  When I started on pureed, I just pureed mine from what I made them.  I don't cook carbs or do something like potatoes in the microwave or fries in the oven for them.  DH is happy to make toast to go with the meat and veggies I cook.  I made soups, chili, spagitti sauce, taco bake and ate what I could. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

MacMadame
on 6/11/13 5:08 pm - Northern, CA

Your family will survive. Let them fend for themselves, if that's what you need. Make them eat out if that's what you need. They aren't going to cause permanent damage to themselves over a few weeks time and soon you'll be back to eating solid food and making them meals and these few weeks will be a distant memory! mail

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

groovykg
on 6/13/13 6:19 am - VA
RNY on 02/27/13

I spent the two month prior to my surgery preparing freezer meals, so I had a 6 week stash ready.  I knew I would be mad that I couldn't eat during pre-op liquid if I had to cook.  Then FIL came to stay during my post-op and he's useless at meal prep.  So DH learned how to deal with the freezer meals.  It was great.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views