been away too long

seaview
on 12/23/13 12:08 pm

SOOOO glad to find you guys again...did not know what happened to the board...I have been away too long obviously...almost a year now perhaps...

surgery 3 1/2 years ago....still maintaining about 144...surgery low was 140..so not too bad...

need to work harder now to manage appetite..which has returned...ability to eat a bit more ...especially sliding food...

more sloppy habits coming back...emotional eating...it's a continual job every day to be conscious and stay on track...

This year I want to work on regulating my blood sugar by not eating stuff that will spike it up and then leave me hungry....

I know what to do...Anyhow just reconnecting here and glad to be back among you...

Happy Holidays all of you. Seaview

MajorMom
on 12/23/13 5:36 pm - VA

Welcome back, Seaview.  

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 12/23/13 9:15 pm - Mills River, NC

wonderful to see you again!  We are all working on that stuff, it is a life long battle and we don't ever seem to have the dragons at bay for long.  Happy to have you here with us. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

seaview
on 12/23/13 10:33 pm

Thanks ladies you are a wonderful bunch and I will never forget that you simply cannot do this alone ...Seaview

Roz !!!!
on 12/24/13 12:03 am - Butler, PA

It's GREAT to hear from you!!!!!   It sounds like you are doing Fantastic maintaining your weight!! 

At 3.5 years it's time to start making any changes that might be creeping back in.   Even with posting every day, getting my Protein in and watching my carbs the scales moved up a few pounds at about 4.5 years.  I am now trying to figure out what to do next to get those couple of pounds off. 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

seaview
on 12/24/13 2:23 am

Thanx Roz ,,yes the pounds want to come back! It's  a constant battle...fine tuning and figuring out how to make changes..dilligence.. and I am terrified of regaining the weight which helps...I am usually up 5 and then down 2...fairly normal bouncing but I am always vigilant ...I honestly think that eating carbs is the issue...for me...if  my blood sugar isn't kept smooth by not eating carbs then I yo yo all day and feel hungry and chase my blood sugar all day...cannot eat like everyone else ever again.. I watch people eat with complete amazement these days...cannot believe how much they can eat in one sitting and that's not even a lot usually...but I can eat small amounts of crap all day and put on the pounds like nothing...anyhow I'm going on and on...but not giving up...Happy Holidays ..SEAVIEW

Roz !!!!
on 12/26/13 8:43 pm - Butler, PA

I understand completely!!!!!  The only way I can maintain is to go strictly Protein.  Just since spring I have gained 3 pounds and it can be very upsetting. I use to bounce between 118 and 121 but now it is 121 and 123.

I'm afraid of what might happen If I didn't post on here every day.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

lerkhart
on 12/24/13 9:24 am

Welcome back Seaview.  There are quite a few of us in the same boat right now.  I know I have some bad habits creeping back in and some emotional eating lately.

I do so much better when I stay on here and stay active!!

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Kermit P.
on 12/29/13 7:59 am

Have always loved your posts so glad to see you!

With Christmas, small amts of cookies have crept in....NOT good.  Your post helps me remember to REIGN it in!!

Miss you!

~~Jennifer

HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
MacMadame
on 12/30/13 3:13 am - Northern, CA

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 417 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 477 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views