chat room

seaview
on 12/25/13 11:11 pm

Do any of you go to the chat room? If so is it OK? or do you choose not to? Let me know. I was thinking about going on for support and wonder if it's a good

environment... SEAVIEW

Candy V.
on 12/25/13 11:19 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I am not the best on computers. Lol. I did not even know there was one here!

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Jody ***
on 12/25/13 11:55 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Hmmm.. I didn't know there was one either.  I'll have to take a look-sea.

If I were you, I'd go and lurk to see what kind of environment it is.  If there are haters there, you know you don't need to go back...

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

seaview
on 12/26/13 12:55 am

THanks Jody. I think I will take a look at it..I will report back! SEAVIEW

Roz !!!!
on 12/26/13 8:02 pm - Butler, PA

The chat room was one of my first experiences on OH and was a disaster.  Everyone was really mean but I didn't give up until I found our LW's and I have no desire to move on. 

If you find it's a good environment let us know. 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

irishindian
on 1/30/14 9:06 am

I need some feedback.  I've had open GNY gastric bypass.  I lost 100lbs and a relationtionship i was in, well lets say it imploaded. I don't know what happened from there, it's all a blur.  I lost 110lbs and gained back 30.  i haven't been able to get back on track in nearly 5 years.  HELP~  anyone

irishindian
on 1/30/14 9:13 am

Roz !!!!
on 1/31/14 9:25 am - Butler, PA

I'm sorry no one replied to your post.  All of the regulars probably didn't know you were asking for help.  I got an e-mail showing your post.  I'm guessing you must have replied to my post.  If you make a new post I'm positive you will get some encouragement.  Our LW's are wonderful caring people who are good at encouraging.  You will never get bashed on this board.

I'm sorry you gained weight and lost a relationship.

I'm 5 years out too.   Were you at a normal BMI before you gained the 30 lbs. back?

You still have your tool so you need to get back to working it.  I recently cut out carbs and sugary foods and lost 5 lbs. very easily.

The only way to lose/maintain with the RNY is eating/drinking Protein.  Do you drink Whey Protein drinks?  A lot of us drink over 80 grams of Protein a day.  We also eat numerous small meals and snacks instead of eating big meals.  At 5 years out I still can't eat more that 3 oz. of meat and a 1/3 cup of something else at a time.

If you eat big meals try to cut back and eat small protein meals every few hours.  That might get you losing again.

Post on Menus and Miles.  Just being accountable to my LW's helps me stay on track.

Do you enter the foods you eat in one of the many sites out there that calculate everything for you.  I use fitday.com but a lot of others use the one on the obesityhelp site.  If you don't then it's a good idea to start.  It might get you excited again.

Come join us in this journey!!!  

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 291 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 417 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 477 views
Still kickin'...