maintenance and stomach

seaview
on 3/7/14 10:42 pm

Good morning lightweights..just posting as I am nearing 4 years...(april 2010) of VSG surgery. I had an endoscopy yesterday. I have some ulcers in my lower esophagus due to GRD...my sister has the same thing which leads me to believe it's genetic..anyhow they're healing thanks to Nexium. In the meantime I asked the Dr to take a look at my sleeve and see if it had "stretched" she said it looked good...consistent with a sleeve surgery...so I guess it's not bigger although I'm sure it is a bit stretched as I can eat more now than before. my lowest weight was 140 but for the past few years I have been between 144 and 145...this continually bums me out and I am constantly trying to lose the  weight and get back down to my lowest.  I still don't think I can get to the point where I will just accept this current weight..that is my issue in a nutshell..however in my constant attempt to lower my weight..( and failure) I manage to maintain my current weight and not go up...but this is not acceptance it's compulsive desire to lose and constant "failure"...just like before surgery...have I learned anything? I work out..I do all the things I am supposed to do but my head is still sick and this is a fact. so there it is...4 years and still going strong...everyday is a new opportunity to do it different. I will post at my 4 year anniversary...best thing I ever did...SEAVIEW

Jody ***
on 3/8/14 4:14 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Hi Seaview!  Glad to see you again!

Sorry to hear about the ulcers, but it sounds like you have it under control.

I hear ya about the bounce back - my lowest was 125 and I'm hanging at 136 now.  I'd love to see 130 again... and have tried and tried - heck, at this point I'd be happy with 132!  I know - it's only 4-5 lbs - but it seems insurmountable at times....

Looking forward to your 4 year post - and you are doing great!!!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Roz !!!!
on 3/8/14 4:20 am - Butler, PA

It's great hearing from you! 

YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE!!!!!  YOU ARE A  SUCCESS STORY!!!!!  

I know you don't want to hear it but if you have been at the same weight for the last few years that is probably where your body wants you to be.  I would love to be at 112 but my body has decided that 119 is healthier for me.  Now I'm not saying I can't gain weight because recently I had myself up to 124 because I was having stomach problems and carbs were the only things that made my tummy feel better but now that I'm back to eating Protein instead of carbs I have dropped back to the 119.  It doesn't matter how little I eat it rarely strays away from 119. 

When the big day comes....Celebrate your 4 year Surgiversay and accept what you have accomplished!!!

I like your "4 years and still going strong...everyday is a new opportunity to do it different.  Cherish that and except that they are only numbers on the scale. 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

seaview
on 3/8/14 8:04 am

thank you ladies...it's always good to hear from old timers...yes everyday every meal is an opportunity to do it differently...SEAVIEW

lerkhart
on 3/8/14 9:06 am

Glad they are getting your ulcers fixed up. 

You are a success.  I know what you mean though.  I had a weight I did not want to cross, but it happened and now I'm also trying to get it back down below my maximum weight.  It is an every day, every bite thing that I have to watch so closely.  If I stray and stop being careful, the weight will come on pretty quick.  Too bad it doesn't come off that fast-LOL!!

Good to hear from you!

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
seaview
on 3/8/14 10:29 pm

Thanks to all of you for the support all these years and all the kind words regarding my situation. Tomorrow I turn 54 and I will do what you all recommend which is take some time and give myself some positive vibes for having maintained the loss I have had for all these years. For making the decision in the first place and I will make some new commitments to myself to take better care of my little stomach and treat it with the respect it is due..lol...except for birthday cake of course...and margaritas but that's for the party only...You ladies are the best I am going to stay on the boards more often now and post it does keep you honest...SEAVIEW

UBi FIT
on 3/9/14 4:57 am
VSG on 08/06/12

I definitely needed to read this, I am 19 monthS post op vsg. I am struggling with bounce back. My lowest was 128 I'm now 137/138 :( . I struggle every day to lose and feel just like I did before surgery. I just want to see 133 again. I do see hope in your story. You haven't gained all your weight back! That is my biggest fear and worry...did GOD make me to be fat and I can't have this body for long? It actually depresses me some days. But I fight most days, and every minute of every day I tell my self every day and every bite counts, you don't want to go up, you don't want different clothes. Your message is me.

:( I've been avoiding Sunday weigh in trying to get back to 130 but it isn't happening it's going up and I'm missing good threads like yours. 

Congratulations on your maintain and thank you for posting.

Dr. Goal 137-140 my goal 130. Fantasy goal 125

seaview
on 3/9/14 5:16 am

well perhaps we need to encourage each other to get back down to whatever we want to get to.. I am going back to all protein and very low carbs..for awhile.. it's gonna kill me but I'll keep you posted... SEAVIEW

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/14 5:28 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 02/29/12

You can do it!  Keep the faith.

Price S.
on 3/9/14 5:44 am - Mills River, NC

I'm 3 yrs out and having the same issues as everyone else.  My low was 111 which was too low.  But now I am 129, as of this morning.  I would love to be back around 125 but that 4 pounds seems like a ton.  It does take a lot less to support us, calorie wise, that it used to but even with all my exercise, it is a constant task to stay under 130, much less get back to 125. 

That is why I post on Miles and Menus every day, weekly weight in every week and stay connected.  It's my only hope at keeping the wolf at bay.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 417 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 477 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 497 views