as you all know

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/14 9:55 am - Lower Burrell, PA

Ihave struggled with weight loss since 4 months out... am same weight as 5 months out and yesterday was my 11 months. Now I have tried everything and nothing is working.. however, I forgot to mention to my current doctor or my surgeon that I was diagnosed with bradycardia four years ago without treatment because it comes and goes... The symptoms have steadily been getting worse in the past six months to the point now where I'm having symptoms several times a week. I'm wondering if this could be contributing to my weight issues. I have to call and reschedule my wed appointment with my new doc and if don't get answers from him going back to diagnosing doc. BUt wanted to know if any of you have this disorder or disease or whatever it is considered? If so how does it effect you?

MajorMom
on 4/14/14 7:05 pm - VA

I had to read up on it on the Mayo Clinic site. It mentions low thyroid and sleep apnea as potential causes. I didn't see anything that says anything the metabolism being very low, but if the heart beat is very slow, it makes me wonder about that affecting weight loss. Good luck and please keep us posted.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/14 7:29 pm - Lower Burrell, PA

i don't know anything about thyroid issues does that effect your weight? I was diagnosed with sleep apnea before surgery that was my qualifier, but that has improved since surgery. I hope the doc has an appointment today that he can get me in cuz I'm really tired of feeling like this all the time. If he can just get this taken care of i would feel so much better. I'm tired of being swollen, dizzy, and all the rest of the stuff that comes with it. Plus it kind of freaks you out when you exercise till you are pouring sweat and your heartrate is only between 58 and 100... its frustrating cuz I hardly ever get close to target heart rate. Iwill keep you posted when I find something out. Thanks for looking intoit for me. :D

hollykim
on 4/15/14 7:28 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I don't think a slow heart rate would have anything to do with weight loss. What we eat  or don't eat has more effect on weight loss.

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/14 7:34 am - Lower Burrell, PA

usually I would agree but I have been doing everything by the book for the past three months and nothing has changed. I've altered amounts of calories, protein, and exercise and none of it has made a difference... I'm ready to get some answers

Katy214
on 4/15/14 11:18 pm
RNY on 02/18/14

I hope the doctor is of some help. I can't think how / why bradycardia would relate to weight loss but I would love it if they could help you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 414 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views