It's too easy to regain!!!

Koko10
on 5/4/14 9:02 pm - NC

Ok, I will look into it. Thanks!

White Dove
on 5/1/14 10:55 pm - Warren, OH

The one thing my nutritionist stressed when I had a regain was to stop drinking protein shakes.  I get my protein from lean meats and that is what keeps me full. 

I track everything I eat or drink on My Fitness Pal.  That has an app for my phone.  If I decide to eat something out of a vending machine at work, I use the app to scan the barcode on the food. 

I weigh myself every morning.  There are no surprises that way.  My long term secret is weighing daily.  Staying away from the scale is where regain starts.  Six pounds is a lot of weight to me too.  And I know that it is going to take me between six and twelve weeks to lose that much if I do gain it.

The hard part now is that I never have a big weight loss.  A half pound a week takes work.  But I can have a relapse of eating and gain back four pounds in two weeks.  I accept that my life will be a fight not to regain.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Koko10
on 5/4/14 9:04 pm - NC

I will try the weighing every day again. I can't stop the shakes because of my lifestyle. I can't get all of my protein in if I stop. I do use Unjury which is a great low calorie high protein mix. I'm a stress eater so I need something to satisfy me when I'm stressed.

Laura in Texas
on 5/2/14 10:01 pm

If what you are doing is not working, then you need to figure something else out. I like Tracy's suggestion of finding some sort of support group. Whatever you do, I think part of the solution must be to track your food so that you are mindful of what and how much you are eating. Do not make excuses or you will experience much more than the 6 pound regain you have already experienced. You have to believe you are worth the effort. Good luck!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Koko10
on 5/4/14 9:05 pm - NC

Yes I agree, I have to go back to tracking my meals no matter what. Thanks

Susiekay
on 5/8/14 2:05 am
RNY on 04/24/12

That is why at 2 years out I am still on protein drinks.  Does anyone know of anyone that has gained while still on protein shakes???  I drink them as if they are my medicine...I'm scared if I don't drink them I will gain, because if I miss them I am really hungry!!!

Koko10
on 5/8/14 3:48 am - NC

I understand. I used to drink a Adkins drink for breakfast and then eat regular food for 4 additional meals. However, since I noticed the weight gain I have had 2 protein drinks, (Adkins for breakfast and Unjury for snack) and I noticed that I have lost 3 of the 6 pounds in a week. I think I will stick to this from now on, especially the Unjury. That drink is filling, ton's of protein, and low calories.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 315 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 438 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 501 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 522 views