I'd like to introduce myself

CdngirlinNC
on 5/27/14 12:47 am

I'm just getting started on this journey and have my WLS scheduled for July 7th in Mexico. I wanted to introduce myself. I'm a Canadian girl living in NC and think it's quite a hoot joining a group for "lightweights"! Haven't thought of myself as a lightweight for a lot of years but, ok, I'll take it! Anyway, lightweight or heavyweight, it is a huge step to choose WLS and quite a journey to live it.

I'm ready. It took me a while to wrap my head around having WLS given my BMI was 35 and not 45 but my health picture comes along with severe hypertension that is a constant worry, as well as borderline diabetes. I decided not to wait till I was sicker before taking the plunge. When I peel away all the layers of my situation I know I can lose weight on my own but also know it'll come back putting more stress on my body, and I know the hypertension is silently waiting to hurt me some day so I'm taking the wheel and I'm going to achieve good health. The added benefit is being reintroduced to the me that I still think of myself as. I've been heavy for half my life and I'm really excited to look and feel some closer version of what I have always felt myself to be.

I have learned a lot from reading posts on this forum and will continue to drop in and connect with others who are in various stages of this gig. Pre-op, post-op, old timers - whatever, it's great to be able to share it with others who get it.

Jody ***
on 5/27/14 1:02 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Welcome!  It sounds like you are ready for this next new phase of your life!  I too wasn't heavy as a younger adult and gained the majority of my extra weight after kids.  I too felt the same inside, and it's amazing when the outside matches how much better you feel about yourself.

Like you I also didn't want to wait until my medical issues were out of control.  My dad has pretty much every issue you can imagine and I take after him.  I could see nothing but a downward spiral and took the plunge!

Glad to see you hear and we are looking forward to following your journey with you.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

CdngirlinNC
on 5/27/14 10:13 pm

Hi Jody - thanks.  Hopefully all goes well.  I'm ready to move forward.  Have a great day!

Candy V.
on 5/27/14 1:43 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Welcome 

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

CdngirlinNC
on 5/27/14 10:14 pm

Candy - thanks!

Price S.
on 5/27/14 2:07 am - Mills River, NC

I am envious of those of you who did this early in life.  I was 62 and other than a brief period when I lost weight with WW, I have been heavy since having kids.  I wanted my life back and got it.

Congrat on your decision and plan.  Looking forward to following your journey.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

CdngirlinNC
on 5/27/14 10:16 pm

Price S. - I like your statement "I wanted my life back and got it."  Very decisive and matter of fact.  Hoping for the same.  Have a great day!

lerkhart
on 5/27/14 2:09 am

Welcome to the LW Board.  Can't wait to watch your journey!!  Let us know if we can help you.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
CdngirlinNC
on 5/27/14 10:16 pm

Linda - thanks so much.  Appreciate knowing you!

Roz !!!!
on 5/27/14 3:23 am - Butler, PA

Welcome and Congrats are taking control of your life!!!   This "gig" (lol) as you call it is an exciting ride and I can't wait to hear all about your journey!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 293 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 419 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 479 views
Still kickin'...