muscle pain?

vickymarsolais
on 11/17/14 2:30 pm

Has anyone had muscle pain from lack of protein or exercise?  Im 14 months out (lost 57lb so far) but im experiencing pain in my outer thigh area. The dietician always asked  about muscle pain but ive never had it until recently.  Dont know if its muscle or what.  How would I know if its muscle or not?   I really dont keep track of my protein intake or calories either so dont know for sure how much im getting.

MajorMom
on 11/17/14 6:14 pm - VA

I'm thinking she may be trying to ascertain if you're getting enough protein since you aren't really tracking it for her. She has to have something to go on and if she's reading your labs she may be seeing protein serum below 7, albumin below 4 and prealbumin too far below the top of the range. Any one of those might indicate protein malnutrition along with physical symptoms such as muscle pain, swelling in your feet and legs and over tiredness.  There's also a protein in the blood that helps take nutrients around your system, transferrin, I think. You might want to start a diet diary or log your food into an app such as MyFitnessPal. It would give your dietitian something to go on as she looks at your labs.

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 11/17/14 8:38 pm - Mills River, NC

My muscle pump instructor is always amazed at how little muscle pain I have (other pains, yes, muscle pain, no).  I think it is because of how much protein I get.  I have to keep my protein around 150 g a day to keep the level above 6.  That is protein based meals 3x a day and 3 solid suppliments a day.  I don't count them anymore because I have those come hell or high water but I do log each day on miles and menus. 

What were your labs last time?  are you still doing suppliments?  What kind of surgery?

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

vickymarsolais
on 11/18/14 1:03 am

Labs were good in Sept. Except my cholesterol is getting high again. I still take 2 multis a day.

Roz !!!!
on 11/18/14 12:50 am, edited 11/18/14 1:46 am - Butler, PA

Welcome to our LW Board!!!

If I have muscle pain I usually know the reason for it. 

I am concerned though that you aren't tracking your Proteins totals.  A friend of mine is about 8 years out and her health is very poor because she does not base her meals/snacks on Protein.  She is weak and her bones are brittle. The Dr. says she is burning her body up from the inside out. Her lack of Protein has really aged her too.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 414 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...